Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2006 3:33:05 AM(UTC)

jros  
jros

Groups: Registered

Hello.

I've a problem with a capture card tv (Pinnacle PCTV 110i) and the Lead Control Capture v12, working with visual basic v6.0.
When the application try to connect and preview, I get the error message: 'Error writting file'.
The selected driver twain is correct. The capture card device works with another program correctly, (with ms FotoEditor for example).
The operative system is MS Windows XP SP1. As you know XP uses WDM interface, is that a problem?. One feature of this device
is that a message appears when you want to capture (in other application): 'The device has automatic alimentation sheets, do you want use it?'. Coult that be the problem?.

I hope somebody knows what happens. Thanks for all.

Jose Ros

Software developer

jose.ros@gi-de.com

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 11:07:45 AM(UTC)

Amin  
Amin

Groups: Manager, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Jose,

If the control you are using is the LEAD Capture Control v12, which is
part of the multimedia features, it will not be able to communicate
with a Twain driver. To use the Twain interface with LEADTOOLS 12 OCX,
use the Main OCX control.

The Capture control can only access capture devices that have a Video For Windows (VFW) drivers.

If you have a DirectShow-compatible driver, you can use LEADTOOLS 14.5 multimedia to capture with it.

Edit by Moderator:
Newer versions of LEADTOOLS also support WIA drivers for imaging devices (in addition to Twain) and Media Foundation drivers for multimedia devices (in addition to DirectShow).

Edited by user Thursday, October 6, 2016 5:50:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Amin Dodin

Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo