Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2024 3:51:27 PM(UTC)
LittleMike

Groups: Registered

I have a color TIF about 9.5MB in size, viewing in an AutomationImageViewer. (Winforms C# .NET v19 Leadtools SDK).

TIF is here: https://www.dropbox.com/...iuml2e4bu6a62g2&dl=0

When the AutomationImageViewer is set to Fit To Width, if you scroll past the middle of the file, the viewer contents are jumbled up. Scroll back up, it's fine. Scroll down, it's jumbled.

Set it to Fit To Length, then use a manual zoom to zoom out about 3/4 of the way to Fit To Width, and you can see the image great from top to bottom. Do anything else to mess with the zoom, or go back to Fit To Width, and bang, can't see the bottom half of the image, it's scrambled.

App is 64 bit target.

Anyone else see this issue and know how to address it?

Thanks.

-- Mike R.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2024 1:24:14 PM(UTC)

Nick  
Nick

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Hello,

I'm uanble to reproduce this in the v23 LEADTOOLS MainDemo, which utilizes the underlying component the AutomationImageViewer does. As such, this indicates the issue is likely addressed in a later version of the toolkit.

Note we only patch and maintain the current and most recent version of the toolkit, which are v23 and v22 respectively. As such, v19 is legacy and out of maintenance. It's recommended to update your application to utilize the most recent version of the toolkit. You can request it on our Downloads page.
https://www.leadtools.com/downloads
Nick Crook
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2024 7:39:21 PM(UTC)
LittleMike

Found out today that the same software running on another machine does not exhibit the issue. So it seems to be machine dependent. I have a screen shot of what the issue looks like, perhaps you guys can think of something off the top of your heads where you may have seen this before and give us a clue how we might address it.

Clicking on the scrollbar up arrow shows the TIF as normal, clicking on the down arrow shows this. Thanks.

dr5MungedTif.png

#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2024 9:03:13 AM(UTC)

Nick  
Nick

If this functions as expected in the development environment or other deployment environments, this indicates the issue stems from a difference in the impacted deployment environment. In the event of a missing dependency, you can use Process Explorer to see which components the application is loading in the development environment, then ensure it has access to the same ones in the impacted environment.

https://learn.microsoft....wnloads/process-explorer
Nick Crook
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2024 1:06:46 PM(UTC)
LittleMike

Thank you, Nick, I appreciate your effort, but your "missing dependency" idea does not fit the given clues. There are NO differences in the deployments software-wise, they are all identical.

As I stated at the beginning, this anomaly appears if we set FitToWidth.

If I instead use a Manual Zoom to first minimize (FitToLength) and then slide out to maximum zoom for this app, which stops short of FitToWidth, then all is well.

To me, this seems like some kind of memory issue, or perhaps graphics card memory issue, but without more technical information about how my SDK works, I of course cannot pin that down explicitly.

Here is a screen shot of the bottom of image displaying normally in the same deployment as the scrambled image, except for the workaround I stated above. Note that the right scroll bar is at the bottom.

dr5ImageOK.png

#6 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2024 2:03:48 PM(UTC)

Nick  
Nick

As it is, it must be something specific to the machine, hardware or otherwise. We generally can't assist with issues occurring in a specific deployment environment which are unable to be reliably reproduced in development as these indicate variables beyond our control.
Nick Crook
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#7 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2024 3:29:05 PM(UTC)
LittleMike

My best guess is graphics card memory, but of course I'm not in a position to prove it as I don't know how the SDK works. My computer has 2GB graphics card memory (used to have 4GB before I burnt up a laptop graphics card!).

If graphics card memory is a possible explanation, as opposed to physical memory, is there a way to turn off graphics card optimizations so that it uses physical memory instead?

Thanks.

#8 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2024 5:12:22 PM(UTC)

Nick  
Nick

The RasterDefaults class contains properties you can set to control memory consumption and how memory is loaded. The code sample shows how to modify the MemoryThreshold values.
https://www.leadtools.co...dh/l/rasterdefaults.html

Here's some additional information on how memory is allocated.
https://www.leadtools.co...oragetypesforimages.html
Nick Crook
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo