Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 2:35:37 PM(UTC)

myurkus  
myurkus

Groups: Registered

On my first call (“RasterCodec.Load(ms)”) I receive an exception "The Leadtools.Codecs.Bmp.dll library is missing."

It seems that it always returns an exception. (For instance, if I pass it a JPG, it complains about that [the Cmp] library.) I think it is just the first call, no matter what it is.

Naturally, I tried adding that reference, but that did not work. In addition, based on forum and help posts online, I compared the demo app and made sure all of the references are included. I also copied everything from the demo output directory into my project’s directory just to be safe. No matter what I seem to do, it complains about this.

Any ideas?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 3:29:37 PM(UTC)
Christopher

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

The various Libraries that the application is looking for is based on the File Format dlls.
The LEADTOOLS SDK has a series of Leadtools.Codecs.*.dll where the * represents the file format specific libraries.

Depending on the file format that you will be working with, then those various libraries need to be referenced.
So when switching between file formats that you want to work with, all of them will need to be referenced.

This is a link to our LEADTOOLS Forums that shows how to use the RasterCodecs Load and Save in a .NET application.

The downloadable project will have some of these file format Dlls included.
However, you may need to add others depending on your development needs.

If you are working with a .NET application, then the references will be located in either:

C:\LEADTOOLS 20\Bin\Dotnet4\Win32
OR
C:\LEADTOOLS 20\Bin\Dotnet4\x64

It also looks like you are referencing "RasterCodec.Load()" instead of potentially using "RasterCodecs.Load()" with an 's'

Chris Thompson
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 3:46:52 PM(UTC)

myurkus  
myurkus

Thank you for the response. However, the problem seems to be deeper than that. I already tried adding all references, no references, references from different locations (in the LeadTools directory and copied over to my project directory) and nothing seems to work.

I just downloaded and tested the application from the link you sent me and that works just fine. So this time I made sure that my References exactly match the example. In addition, I broke it down to the two lines of code from the sample.

Unfortunately I still receive the library is missing error.

#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 7:18:18 AM(UTC)
Christopher

It looks like you came into our Live Chat and had a case created regarding this same issue.
We will continue to work with you through the case.
Chris Thompson
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo

#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 1:52:33 PM(UTC)
wbradney

I have the same problem. The sample Document Converter works great, but my own project fails to convert the same file with the error "The Leadtools.Codecs.Ica.dll library is missing", even though that file exists in the project output folder.
Was there a resolution to this?

#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2021 2:34:33 PM(UTC)
Christopher

I looked into the referenced chat log and the continued case that was created from that; the user states that they had to create an entirely new project which resolved the issue.
Based on that, I would suspect that something was not mapped correctly to their reference locations or that the license and key files had not been set.
This can also happen if library files or projects get moved throughout the LEADTOOLS21 file folder

check the following:
-architecture of the application (set to either x86 or x64)
for this, also be sure to check the build path and the references tab in properties to make sure that the paths being used are of the same architecture

-check the Dlls that are already being included to see if there is a mismatch in architectures to begin with
when switching between these, the architecture specific libraries can overwrite those in the reference location
if these got inadvertently overwritten during testing, it can cause issues

If these fail, I would recommend creating a new application and testing to see what differences there are between the two

Chris Thompson
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo