Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 8:35:41 PM(UTC)
MartinMc

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

We’ve coded a media screen capture using the CaptureCtrl class and streamed it on our local network using a H.264 container using the examples in the VideoConferencing SDK for C#.

We’ve also created a streaming media server on a separate machine on Amazon AWS using the LeadTools Media Server.

What we’d like to do now is to push the H.264 stream on the client on our local network to the Media Server on Amazon AWS. Clients should then be able to connect to the media server on AWS and view the media capture stream. I’ve found some excellent examples on the forums, such as the link below, however I think this is pulling the stream, rather than pushing the stream. Maybe I’m not interpreting it correctly?
https://www.leadtools.co...P-URLs-with-Media-Server

I realize there are solutions like Wowza and others that can push RTSP and other types of streams, but we like the LeadTools SDK and would like to keep using one framework.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:05:33 AM(UTC)

Joe Z  
Joe Z

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

MartinMc,

You can use our Restreamer project to push your stream out to your media server. A sample project with this implemented can be found at the path below.

C:\LEADTOOLS Multimedia 19\Examples\Multimedia\ltmm\Dotnet\CS\Restreamer

Note that RTSP would be a pull connection while UDP would be push connection. RTSP uses both a TCP connection and UDP connection. The TCP connection allows clients to send commands to the server such as pause and rewind. The server uses a UDP connection back to the client to send data for the lower overhead with this type of connection.
Joe Zhan
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo