Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:15:52 PM(UTC)

kb7  
kb7

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I am having two different images of XA modality, when I load those images in Medical Viewer Demo, one of the image looks perfect with all margins set almost equal but the other one shows no right left margin. What may be the reason behind this..... that one image shows all the margins while other only Top and down... I am attaching the screen shot of both images.
Is it possible to display the other image same as the one with all margin set almost equal? Please help me to do the same.

Thanks..
File Attachment(s):
Image.zip (95kb) downloaded 327 time(s).

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 6:05:51 AM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

You will need to check for the image pixel spacing tag value and compare it between the two datasets. This is used for DPI calculation. After that it will depend on how image is displayed (1:1 vs fit vs normal etc..).
If you still face issue, please send me the images you facing issue with.

#3 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 8:10:36 PM(UTC)

kb7  
kb7

Hello,

By reading the dataset of both the images, the values for Image pixel spacing for the images are as:

1.For the image with good margin for top, right, left bottom is: 0.36800000071526\0.36800000071526.
2. For the other image with no margin is: 0.194\0.194

And the image is displayed in a Fit mode. Now can you please tell me how can resolve this....

Thanks...

#4 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 2:06:03 AM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

Can you send me the DICOM datasets you are seeing the issue with and put them inside ZIP or RAR file?
Also, what are the steps you took to test the issue? What is the demo you used?

#5 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 6:03:11 PM(UTC)

kb7  
kb7

Hello,

I am using MedicalViewerDemo. Steps include:

1. Open CSMedicalViewerDemo_Original.
2. Go to File->Insert Cell->Insert New Cell->Open the image.
Follow step 2 to open another image.

As the size of images are large to send in one go so I am sending them one by one.

File Attachment(s):
good margin.zip (3,965kb) downloaded 326 time(s).

#6 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 6:11:22 PM(UTC)

kb7  
kb7

Hello,

I am not able to send the other image.Size is 4.18MB. Can you please download the other image from the below link:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/7Di0HrML/no_margin.html

#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 5:52:28 AM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

I checked the images and the "margins" displayed are actually some black pixels that are part of the image itself. These black pixels are stored in the pixel data as part of the image and not really display margins.

I even extracted the JPEG data using a binary editor and opened it using our main imaging demo and this is how the 2 images looked.

File Attachment(s):
Screenshot.PNG (304kb) downloaded 328 time(s).

#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:27:59 AM(UTC)

kb7  
kb7

Hello,

But is there any way to display the image with all margins like the one with black pixels? Is there any property of MedicalViewer to set the margin for the image? Actually I want to display all the images in MedicalViewer with top, left, right, bottom margins.

Thanks...

#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:11:35 AM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

I think there are two ways to do this:
1) You can use image stitching to add black pixels to the original pixel data and those will act like margins. This will increase the size of the DICOM image.
2) You can Clip the pixel data to a rectangle smaller than the actual image. You will need to do this at the paint callback. This will NOT display some of the DICOM image's content to serve as margin.

There could be another solutions but I don't know.