Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:34:16 AM(UTC)
flaliber

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I seem to remember to have read in LEADTOOLS documentation (although I can't seem to be able to find this information anymore) that it was not recommended to unlock LEADTOOLS for the whole computer (but only for the application or a given third party application). If this is the case, what kind of problems are to be expected? My application is calling a third party application, which also needs LEADTOOLS, and I thought it would be simpler to unlock for the whole computer.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:25:27 AM(UTC)

Ibrahim  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

The multimedia toolkit must be unlocked using the UNLOCK_APP_ONCE flag. This is what the unlock instructions say as well as what we do in the demos. As for other filters, you can use any flag you like. It just depends on your scenario. Since your application calls another application which also uses LEADTOOLS, you can:

1) Unlock at the computer level
2) Unlock each app using UNLOCK_APP_PATH.

#3 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:08:19 AM(UTC)
flaliber

Groups: Registered

I would like to clarify two points.

First I am programming in VB.NET and the UNLOCK_APP_ONCE flag is not available as a parameter for Leadtools.Multimedia.Common.MultimediaSupport.UnlockModule() so I cannot use it.

Secondly, using the single key of the Multimedia Suite SDK seems to unlock everything (ltmm library and default filters, codecs, ...). Therefore, I am currently using a single unlock call to unlock everything:

Leadtools.Multimedia.Common.MultimediaSupport.UnlockModule("xxxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxx", Leadtools.Multimedia.Common.LockType.Computer, ApplicationID);

Am I missing something?

#4 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 5:02:31 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello,

With VB.NET, you would be need to pass one of the LockType enumerated flags. For .NET, LockType.Application is the same as passing UNLOCK_APP_ONCE. Similarly, LockType.ApplicationPath is the same as UNLOCK_APP_PATH, and LockType.Computer is the same as UNLOCK_COMPUTER.

Based on your prior scenario, I believe you should be able to use the LockType.ApplicationPath flag. With this flag, you would specify the absolute path to the application you want to allow use the LEADTOOLS filters. You can also call the unlock method multiple times with LockType.ApplicationPath provided the directories are different. If you are only looking to unlock EITHER your application or another application, you can do that as well.

The bottom line is that the MM SDK controls can only be unlocked at the application level (LockType.Application/UNLOCK_APP_ONCE). This is because we only allow licensed LEADTOOLS application to use our three main controls. The filters/codecs can be unlocked however you like.

If you continue to have issues with this, we will need some specifics on how you're testing this so that we may do the same. We can set up a machine with the same OS, and then deploy the same project and DLLs you are to try and duplicate the issue. It would also be helpful to know what 3rd party application you're using to try and test this issue with, or if perhaps Windows Media Player may be able to take the place of the 3rd party app if we cannot test with it directly.

If you do not wish to share this type of information here, you can also email support@leadtools.com with a link to this forum post. We can continue with you there instead.
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo