Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 2:10:07 PM(UTC)
camera2canvas

Groups: Registered

I have been searching for some information about how I can implement tools similar to Photoshop's Clone Stamp, Patch Tool, or Healing Brush.  There were several requests throughout the forum but with no reply by anyone. 

The basic need is for being able to clean up image files that may have marks or unwanted elements but be able to remove them and blend everything in that area to look natural. 

If ANYONE has any insight into this feature, please respond.

Thanks.......

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 5:36:36 AM(UTC)

Ibrahim  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

We don't have a general function that applies to all cases. However, we have some cleanup image processing functions that might work for some cases.
In particular, we have a good combination of document cleanup features for scanned black and white documents.

If you have a sample image that shows the type of cleanup you need, we can try to suggest something if you send us the image along with a description of what you need done or better yet a pair of 'before' and 'after' images.

You can either attach files here or email them to support@leadtools.com . In either case, make sure to put them in a ZIP or RAR file before attaching. Also, if you attach to the forums, don't use the 'Preview' feature.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:10:32 AM(UTC)
camera2canvas

Thank you for your reply.  I have attached a before and after image in one document with some notes on the image. 

Thanks,

File Attachment(s):
GW Edited Comparison.zip (935kb) downloaded 56 time(s).

#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:03:48 AM(UTC)

Ibrahim  

I see now. I'm afraid we don't have a function that removes objects from a background like this.

#5 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:28:59 AM(UTC)
camera2canvas

The way Photoshop Patch tool works is to select the area you want to remove, then drag that selection to a suitable replacement area and the pixels from the new suitable area are blended back into the space where the original pixels were selected.  Furthermore, as you drag the selection around on the canvas, the original area selected will mirror the pixels that are currently under the new targeted area so that you can determine those pixels will in fact blend well in the space.  I would think that with some work, the merge and blend tools in leadtools would assist in this function.  I'm certain LeadTools at the very least can blend one image into another as used in collage work?

#6 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 6:58:51 AM(UTC)

JamesD  

Hello,

As Ibrahim stated, we don't have one specific function that does what you're describing. I've put together this demo application though that roughly duplicates how Photoshop's clone stamp works. To use it, you click and drag to select a elliptical area of the image. Once you have the region selected a floater image of the selection will be placed under your cursor. Wherever you double click your mouse, it will draw the region, including a mask with faded edges, to the viewer image. You have to hit the clear button before you can select another region to stamp. You can adjust the various properties of the mask by changing the values in the Mask Viewer window to the right of the main window.

This should be a pretty close approximation of what the Clone Stamp does. Let me know if you have any questions or were looking for something different.

Thanks,
File Attachment(s):
v175-DOTNET-Photoshop-Clone-Stamp-Demo.zip (214kb) downloaded 59 time(s).