Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2020 7:26:18 PM(UTC)
Vicki2018

Groups: Registered

I encountered the "Invalid Runtime License" error when I set my license in javascript like below

lt.RasterSupport.setLicenseUri("http://localhost:8275/Leadtools/LeadtoolsLicense.txt", "MyDeveloperKey", initializeViewer);

Is it because my license is generated long time before?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2020 8:43:57 AM(UTC)
Christopher

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hi

There are a few things to note about the LEADTOOLS License files and specifically the Javascript / client-side licenses.

-LEADTOOLS License and Key files are version specific
- meaning that if you are working with v21 then you will need a v21 license and key file and will not be able to use a v20 or earlier license
- this is for all LEAD License and Key files

-LEADTOOLS License and Key files are either server-side or client-side
- this means that if you have an application that is making server side calls and utilizing the LEAD Javascript libraries - you will need to have one set in the server side implementation and one set in the client side of the application

-LEADTOOLS client-side License and Key files had a mechanism change in the v20 and later SDK
- this requires that a domain be declared by our LEAD Sales Team in order to work with a deployment
- if you are working with a version earlier than that the mechanism is different and you can reference the implementation guide here

-LEADTOOLS license files can be used for deployment testing
- these files though are not allowed to be deployed to end users in anyway, as that will be a breach of our EULA

Setting a Runtime License

Add References and Set a License - HTML5/Javascript

Add References and Set a License - React JS

HOW TO: Set the JavaScript License for the client-side of a web application

Chris Thompson
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 4:12:43 AM(UTC)
Vicki2018

Groups: Registered

I understand the license file should match with the leadtools version.
I purchased leadtools in Oct 2018.
Would I be entitled to use any minor release of V20? Or just up to specific vesion?
Is there any version specific in the .js file, like leadtools.js?

#4 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 8:38:07 AM(UTC)
Christopher

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

With a purchase of any LEADTOOLS SDK version, you are entitled to the releases of that version of the SDK.
The specifics of what you are entitled to is something you will need to discuss with your Account Manager.
The extent of updates, either from within a version, or from version to version, can be purchased with Annual Maintenance.

Our Leadtools Sales Team can be contacted at:
Sales: +1-704-332-5532
Sales: sales@leadtools.com

We do not typically manage minor, previously released versions of the libraries for a specific version; any hotfix or update to the libraries are included with any public release.
Which means that the last release of a version of the SDK, is the version that should be used.

I apologize, but I do not quite understand the last question:
"Is there any version specific in the .js file, like leadtools.js?"

If you are referring the individual javascript libraries and their version, you can check this by:
>> selecting the javascript file in File Explorer
>> _rightClick the .js file
>> go down to 'edit'

This will open up the file in a text editor and the version should be specified in the top section of the file.
It is important to note that the LEAD Javascript files are not permitted to be altered by the LEAD EULA.
Please see the screenshot provided below:

jsVersion.png

Chris Thompson
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo