Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2019 10:18:07 AM(UTC)

mesa  
mesa

Groups: Registered

I'm trying to implement a zoom in and zoom out with little luck. The examples I have found are based on the imageviewer control. I am using the rasterimageviewer control. Are there examples of how to implement this functionality?

Using c#, visual studio 2017, and version 20 of leadtools.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 9:02:18 AM(UTC)
Anthony Northrup

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)

Hello Mesa,

The RasterImageViewer control has been deprecated since version 19, and it is recommended you upgrade to the ImageViewer control for future support. That said, if you wish to continue using the RasterImageViewer to maintain/update a legacy application, you can control the zoom level by simply updating the ScaleFactor property:
https://www.leadtools.com/help/leadtools/v19/dh/wi/rasterimageviewer-scalefactor.html

Note that the documentation link above is for our v19 SDK as the documentation is no longer available for our v20 SDK (due to the assembly being deprecated).

If you were wanting to perform this zooming when the user scrolled the mouse, or some other user interaction, please let me know. I can make a sample project demonstrating how to achieve that functionality.

Thanks,
Anthony Northrup
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 9:08:00 AM(UTC)

mesa  
mesa

The rasterimageviewer was originally selected because of the ease of using it with the rasterthunbnailbrowser to generate and view both thumbnails and the full image. Is there similar functionality using imageviewer?

Put another way, what is the preferred way to display a thumbnail list alongside a view of the selected document? Is it documentviewer or two imageviewers side by side or something else?

#4 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 11:08:24 AM(UTC)
Anthony Northrup

Hello Mesa,

The easiest approach would be using our DocumentViewer. We have a complete guide on how to get started here:
https://www.leadtools.com/help/leadtools/v20/dh/to/using-leadtools-document-viewer.html

If you were wanting to do things manually, we have a basic guide using our WPF controls here:
https://www.leadtools.com/help/leadtools/v20/dh/to/link-an-image-list-to-an-image-viewer-using-microsoft-expression-blend.html

However, as you are using WinForms I've gone ahead and created a comprehensive sample project demonstrating the low-level ImageViewer approach. Long term I think you'll be better off using the DocumentViewer, but if you're interested in the ImageViewer directly this project should be helpful.
File Attachment(s):
ThumbnailViewer.zip (12kb) downloaded 61 time(s).
Thanks,
Anthony Northrup
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo

#5 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 2:59:56 PM(UTC)

mesa  
mesa

It appears that the documentviewer as it's name implies loads pages of the document into the thumbnails. The rasterviewer along with the rasterthumbnailbrowser loaded files found in a directory into the thumbnails. Is there a setting or workaround that will configure the documentviewer to work like the rasterviewer and use the thumbnails to select files to display rather than pages?

#6 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:23:03 PM(UTC)
Anthony Northrup

Hello Mesa,

Unfortunately the DocumentViewer is meant for viewing a single document at a time. If you wish to browse a directory you can use the following project. It's about the same as the previous project, but is designed for viewing directories rather than single files.
File Attachment(s):
ThumbnailBrowser.zip (16kb) downloaded 53 time(s).
If you have any further issues/questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Anthony Northrup
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo