Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:19:21 AM(UTC)
StickyMcGinty

Groups: Registered

Hi folks,

I'm having a problem with the medical web viewer demo source code - it works fine when the url is localhost but when i try to connect via the LAN or WAN to the servers external public IP the main page gives a javascript error detailed below in ThickViewer.aspx

Form1._container_OBJECT.LoadSeries();

Error "Object does not support this property or method"

Like i've mentioned, it works fine when i use the localhost URL but if i use ther external IP (eg http://192.x.x.x/ThickViewer.aspx?Seriesid=xxxxxxx) it gives the error on the line above.

does any one know how to make this accessible from the outside? I think there is some internal checking of the URL in the source code and I cant seem to edit it correctly to allow external connections. I dont think its a port issue as i can connect ot the ThinViewer without any problems.

Thanks in advance,

Vinny

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 5:25:58 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Vinny,
Please make sure that you have the following in machine that is viewing the Rich client:
- Microsoft .NET 3.0 Framework.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 or later.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 5:42:24 AM(UTC)
StickyMcGinty

thanks for your reply adam.

I'm using v15 of the medical web viewer and have all the service packs/active x controls that are required.

like i mentioned, It works fine locally its just when i try an external ip it wont work.

Since i can view the welcome, search and thin client pages through the external IP its not a firewall issue - it's only the ThickViewer that's causing me trouble.

I've noticed that at the code level that there is a lot of WebService url checking going on with a specific reference to "localhost" in Reference.cs in the Webservices code... is there any chance tht the problem lies here?

Unfortunatly i can't debug the program myself, as its only raising the javascript error (detailed in the last post) and this doesnt really provide any useful info

#4 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 6:49:52 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Vinny,
I was actually testing this with v16, which is not the same thing. I could see in our email system that you have already contacted our sales team to inquire about upgrading to v16, which is what I was going to suggest you do. If you still face problems after upgrading, please feel free to contact us either here or through support@leadtools.com

#5 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 11:05:09 PM(UTC)
StickyMcGinty

Thanks Adam, the only reason why i'm tentative about upgrading to v16 is that v16 requires .NET v3 and our target platform is v2, but if it adds a plethora of functionality to the product then it will be worthwhile considering the upgrade.

Anyway I'll get in touch with your sales team and see how i get on after the upgrade.

Regards,

Vinny

#6 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 7:01:49 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Vinny,
You can find details about the new product features on the pages available here:
http://www.leadtools.com/Help/LEADTOOLS/v15/Medical/MedicalWebViewerApp/