Overview of LEADTOOLS Distributed Transcoding and Conversion SDK Technology
- Convert any supported format using DirectShow and Media Foundation codecs
- Split large files into multiple, smaller pieces for distributed conversion and merge the results with no loss
- Automatically and intelligently detect the best split points to ensure a seamless output file with no gaps or hiccups
- Distribute conversion tasks or portions of files using the Distributed Computing SDK
- Includes .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development
Benefits of Distributed Transcoding and Conversion
Faster conversions using multiple computers -
Large audio/video files can be split and distributed between multiple server and desktop computers to speed up conversion and recompression
in addition to using little to no resources on the client's computer.
Faster conversions on a single computer -
Split a file and convert each piece in parallel using different threads on the same machine to utilize more CPU cores.
Technology Related to Distributed Transcoding and Conversion
Download the Full Evaluation
The Full Evaluation Download includes all LEADTOOLS Document, Medical, Imaging, and Vector technologies for all development and target platforms.
Documentation Links for Distributed Transcoding and Conversion
LEADTOOLS SDK Products that Include Distributed Transcoding and Conversion
The LEADTOOLS Multimedia Suite SDK is a comprehensive collection of multimedia development technology that provides developers with everything they need to create enterprise-level multimedia applications for a wide variety of industries, including defense, broadcast, security, and more. By bundling features from the Multimedia SDK, DVD Module, Streaming Module, MPEG-2 Transport Module, Imaging Pro SDK, and Distributed Computing SDK, Multimedia Suite offers a tremendous value for the world-class technology it provides.
NOTE: LEADTOOLS DirectShow Filters are very diverse and cover the gamut of multimedia features and technologies. Many filters are included with the base SDK products above, while some can be added á, la carte or bundled together with various add-on modules. See the Multimedia Product Comparison Chart for more details on how to obtain each filter.