LEADTOOLS provides DirectShow Elementary Stream (LTES) filters that optimize multimedia file conversion by splitting each stream into pieces for parallel conversion. Parallel conversion can be performed on single computers using multiple threads or distributed across multiple machines. When combined with the LEADTOOLS Distributed Computing SDK, developers can create enterprise audio/video processing and transcoding applications that provide faster file conversions and reduced client CPU usage.
Overview of LEADTOOLS Distributed Transcoding and Conversion SDK Technology
- Convert any supported format using DirectShow and Media Foundation codecs
- Split large files into multiple, smaller pieces for distributed conversion and merge the results with no loss
- Automatically and intelligently detect the best split points to ensure a seamless output file with no gaps or hiccups
- Distribute conversion tasks or portions of files using the Distributed Computing SDK
- Includes .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development
Benefits of Distributed Transcoding and Conversion
Faster conversions using multiple computers -
Large audio/video files can be split and distributed between multiple server and desktop computers to speed up conversion and recompression in addition to using little to no resources on the client's computer.
Faster conversions on a single computer -
Split a file and convert each piece in parallel using different threads on the same machine to utilize more CPU cores.