LEADTOOLS Multimedia Playback SDK
LEADTOOLS SDKs offer a full range of multimedia technologies for developers including flexible playback functionality.
Overview of LEADTOOLS Multimedia Playback SDK Technology
- Play using any DirectShow or Media Foundation demultiplexer and codec
- Retrieve DVD metadata information
- Play streaming audio and video from memory, disk and network
- Navigate and play from DVDs
- Zoom video during play
- Control playback speed
- Apply DirectShow or Media Foundation audio and video processing filters and Transforms during play
- Capture and save still images to disk or memory from the video stream with frame precision
- Set preferred decoders, demultiplexers and renderers to use in playback filter graph
- Select hardware devices to use for playback
- Save player settings to file or stream
- Set start and end frame for clipping playback
- Get content and tag information
- Read and seek DV timecode data
- Includes C DLL and .NET for 32 and 64 bit development
A few example applications that take advantage of LEADTOOLS Multimedia Playback SDK Technology:
- Create applications capable of playing many formats such as AVI, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, ISO (MP4, 3GPP, AAC, AVC1, MOV), FLV, XVID, ASF, WMV , WAV, WMA, OGG, Matroska (MKV, WebM), and more.
- Create applications that can play streaming audio and video content.
- Create video conferencing and text messaging applications.
- Display and annotate (markup) video files for presentation purposes.
- Create DVD player / navigation software.
- Create player software for music from a streaming audio hosting service.
- Create a DVR player for video being streamed from UAVs through a UDP port.
Other LEADTOOLS SDK Technologies Related to Multimedia Playback
LEADTOOLS SDK Products that Include Multimedia Playback SDK Technology
Hover over each for information. Click to go to more details.
LEADTOOLS Multimedia SDK products are specifically designed for the development of audio/video applications across a wide variety of industries including defense, broadcast and security. The SDK offers a full range of technologies to developers and turns normally complex DirectShow & Media Foundation projects into simple tasks. Easily integrate core multimedia functionality such as capture, conversion, streaming and playback into applications with optional processing filters. These filters can be applied at any point of the workflow.
The Multimedia Suite SDK is a comprehensive collection of multimedia development technology from LEAD Technologies. By bundling features from the Multimedia SDK, DVD Module, Video Streaming Module, MPEG-2 Transport Module, Imaging Pro SDK and Cloud SDK, the Multimedia Suite provides everything a developer needs to create enterprise level multimedia applications for a wide variety of industries including defense, broadcast, security and more.
The LEADTOOLS Medical Multimedia Module includes the LEADTOOLS Multimedia SDK and a collection of state-of-the-art DirectShow filters and Media Foundation Transforms for compressing and decompressing video and audio data within DICOM files. This feature-rich product is designed to eliminate the complexity from converting cine images and video streams to DICOM objects including X-ray Angiography (XA), Ultrasound (US), Visible Light (VL), Secondary Capture (SC) and much more. The LEADTOOLS Medical Multimedia Module utilizes the most advanced compression algorithms used in the industry and approved by the DICOM standard including MPEG-2, HD MPEG-2, Motion JPEG and Motion JPEG 2000.