LEADTOOLS Medical Web Viewer Framework SDK
The LEADTOOLS Medical Web Viewer Framework enables programmers to quickly build high-quality, full-featured and secure web-based medical image viewer applications. This OEM-ready ASP.NET web application uses Web Service streaming and powerful LEADTOOLS features including the Medical Workstation Viewer and 3D volume reconstruction for an unsurpassed web experience for healthcare professionals.
Overview of LEADTOOLS Medical Web Viewer Framework SDK Technology
- Rich client viewer based on the Medical Workstation Viewer
- 3D reconstruction and visualization
- Thin client image viewer for low bandwidth clients and mobile devices including iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Phone
- Options for low-memory usage in large-study viewing
- Signed and unsigned display for extended grayscale images
- Separately control the image and series layouts
- Display multiple series and studies for comparison
- Cine playback of DICOM image series
- Supports patient orientation information, localization and reference lines
- WCF Services for streaming queries, information and image data between the client and server
- Client caching of downloaded image data for fast reloads and network traffic reduction
- Data encryption to keep private medical records secure
- Options to manage user authentication, groups, and roles for limiting service access to authorized users
- CAB File Generator for managing .NET security rights
- Source code included for easy customization and branding
Medical Web Viewer Framework Components
DICOM WCF Service
The Medical Web Viewer WCF Service provides the user the ability to query, retrieve and store DICOM and non-DICOM objects and images. All interfaces are implemented as Add-ins with source code for easy customization. The default implementation communicates with an example SQL Server database which can be easily customized or replaced to communicate with your DICOM Server.
The DICOM WCF Service is comprised of four customizable add-ins:
- Query Service
- Store Service
- Object Retrieve Service
- User Management Service
ASP.NET Web Application
An ASP.NET application is provided with full source code that shows how to communicate with the WCF service to query DICOM study and series information, retrieve and view series images, store DICOM objects and perform user access control.
HTML Series Viewer
A light-weight, HTML based viewer is provided for fast series image viewing. This viewer can be used on any browser or mobile device including iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Phone. An HTML5 version with window level support is also included.
Workstation Rich Viewer
The Workstation Rich Viewer is a high-end .NET UserControl that provides the functionality and features required by medical professionals, device manufacturers as a Modality Workstation viewer, research facilities, or anyone that has a need to view, retrieve, store and analyze 2D and 3D DICOM images.
Other LEADTOOLS SDK Technologies Related to the Medical Web Viewer Framework
- DICOM Overview
- PACS Overview
- HTML5 DICOM Viewer
- PACS Workstation Framework
- Medical 3D Volume Reconstruction
- Medical Image Display Container
- Medical Image Processing
LEADTOOLS SDK Products that Include the Medical Web Viewer Framework
Hover over each product for a description. Click for more details.
Develop robust PACS Imaging applications with LEADTOOLS PACS Imaging. Features include Medical Web Viewer Framework, high and low level PACS SCP and SCU functions and controls, secure PACS communication, comprehensive DICOM data set support, image annotation, extended grayscale image display such as window level and LUT processing, and specialized medical image processing. Other features include lossless JPEG compression, JPIP and signed and unsigned image data processing.
Develop powerful PACS and Medical imaging applications with LEADTOOLS Medical Imaging Suite. Features include Medical Web Viewer Framework, Medical 3D, Zero Footprint HTML5 DICOM Viewer, DICOM Multimedia codecs, high and low level PACS SCP and SCU functions and controls, secure PACS communication, Print to PACS, comprehensive DICOM data set support, image annotation, extended grayscale image display such as window level and LUT processing, and specialized medical image processing. Other features include lossless JPEG compression, JPIP, and signed and unsigned image data processing.