LEADTOOLS Image Annotation SDK
Several LEADTOOLS SDKs include flexible and time tested image annotation technology for .NET (C# & VB), C/C++, Java and Web developers. LEADTOOLS image annotations are perfect for general image markup applications as well as specialized document and medical applications. Image annotations can be added to any Windows, .NET, iOS, OS X, Android, HTML5, Silverlight or WPF project.
Overview of LEADTOOLS Image Annotation SDK Technology
- Specialized annotations for document images
- Specialized annotations for medical images
- Image annotations can be added to bitonal, color and grayscale images
- Draw image annotations to a presentation layer or permanently burned onto the bitmap
- Broad range of image annotation objects including text, geometric shapes, rulers, audio and video
- Protect sensitive information with redaction and encryption objects
- Control access and design rights with annotation security
- Customize existing or create new image annotation object types
- Image annotation features can be fully automated or manually implemented for maximum control
- Flexible annotation object storage options including image files, separate annotation files, database, memory, and more
- Supports single and multi-page image files
- Unlimited undo and redo levels
- Image annotation available as .NET classes, C DLL, C++ classes, WinRT Libraries, iOS, OS X, Android, Silverlight classes, and WPF controls.
- Add image annotation to single and multi-threaded applications
- Native 32 and 64 bit binaries for image annotation development
Storage of Annotations
LEADTOOLS annotations can be stored as an external annotation file, XML, private DICOM data elements, or LEAD or Wang annotation tags within a TIFF file. Alternatively, annotations can become a permanent part of the image data or exported as EMF.
LEADTOOLS annotations may also be exported as native PDF annotations in PDF documents with the LEADTOOLS Document Writers.
Ease of Use and Control
The simplicity of using LEADTOOLS annotations is extended to both the developer and the end-user. With very little code, the developer can create a fully-automated, dynamic, and feature-packed annotation application which is also easy to operate by the end-user. Automation features include mouse event handling, cursors, toolbars, right-click context menus and instant text editing.
With the LEADTOOLS Image Annotation Customizable Features, developers can create new annotation types, change the context menus and toolbars, and localize the dialog strings. End-users can rotate, calibrate, and change virtually any visual setting of the annotations on the screen.
Confidence and Security
Enhanced redaction objects hide and encrypt confidential parts of images even in non-LEADTOOLS viewers. When combined with annotation security, these redact objects provide a means of granting user-level access to view redacted areas of an image.
With LEADTOOLS Image Annotation Technology, you can:
- Implement annotation security for each and every object.
- Implement hyperlinks for every object. Popular uses for hyperlinks include user defined messages, programs to run, or jumps to Web pages.
- Perform the following operations on a single object or group of objects:
- Save to file, memory, database, and clipboard
- Burn/Realize to bitmap data
- Display optional annotation captions.
- Add annotations to multi-page files.
Other LEADTOOLS SDK Technologies Related to Image Annotation
- Annotations for Document Imaging
- Annotations for Medical Imaging
- Annotations for HTML5
- Annotations for Silverlight
- Annotations for WPF
- Customizable Annotation Features
- Annotation Objects Comparison Chart
LEADTOOLS SDK Products that Include Image Annotation Technology
Hover over each product for a description. Click for more details.
Develop powerful document imaging applications with LEADTOOLS Document Imaging. Features include comprehensive image annotation, specialized bitonal image display such as scale-to-gray and favor-black, and specialized bitonal image processing. Other features include performance and memory optimizations for bitonal images, document image clean-up including inverted text, border, hole-punch and line removal, and scanning with LEADTOOLS Fast TWAIN and WIA.
The LEADTOOLS Recognition Imaging SDK is a handpicked collection of LEADTOOLS SDK features designed to build end-to-end document imaging applications as part of an enterprise level document automation solution that requires scanning, OCR, OMR, forms recognition and processing, archival, annotation and display functionality. This powerful set of tools utilizes LEAD's industry LEADing image processing technology to intelligently identify document features that can be used to recognize any type of scanned or faxed form image.
The LEADTOOLS Document Imaging Suite SDK is a comprehensive collection of LEADTOOLS SDK features designed to build end-to-end document imaging applications within enterprise level document automation solutions that requires capture, OCR, OMR, forms recognition and processing, PDF, print capture, archival, annotation and display functionality. This powerful set of tools utilizes LEAD's industry LEADing image processing technology to intelligently identify document features that can be used to recognize any type of scanned or faxed form image.
Develop powerful Medical Imaging applications with the LEADTOOLS Medical Imaging SDK. Features include comprehensive full DICOM dataset support, 8-16 bit extended grayscale image support, image annotation, specialized extended grayscale image display such as window level and LUT processing, and specialized medical image processing. Other features include lossless JPEG compression, and signed and unsigned image data processing.
Develop robust PACS Imaging applications with LEADTOOLS PACS Imaging. Features include Medical Web Viewer Framework, high and low level PACS SCP and SCU functions and controls, secure PACS communication, comprehensive DICOM data set support, image annotation, extended grayscale image display such as window level and LUT processing, and specialized medical image processing. Other features include lossless JPEG compression, JPIP and signed and unsigned image data processing.
Develop powerful PACS and Medical imaging applications with LEADTOOLS Medical Imaging Suite. Features include Medical Web Viewer Framework, Medical 3D, Zero Footprint HTML5 DICOM Viewer, DICOM Multimedia codecs, high and low level PACS SCP and SCU functions and controls, secure PACS communication, Print to PACS, comprehensive DICOM data set support, image annotation, extended grayscale image display such as window level and LUT processing, and specialized medical image processing. Other features include lossless JPEG compression, JPIP, and signed and unsigned image data processing.