Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 12:00:36 AM(UTC)
UE_Johny

Groups: Registered

I'd like to capture an RTSP stream to two files one MP4 the other WMV, currently I am using ConvertCtrl to capture the RTSP stream to either MP4 or to WMV and this works well, I just need to do both at once.

Is there a way I can use the same capture control to save to multiple files? Or a convertctrl to convert on the fly.

I am using Windows 7 – 64 , .Net 4.0 and VS 2010. My application is WPF/C#

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 10:41:51 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello,

The ConvertCtrl can only take one input and generate one output. So there are two ways you can handle this:

1.) Use Two ConvertCtrls to connect to the incoming RTSP stream. One control will create the MP4 file while the other creates the WMV.

2.) If you have a limited number of RTSP connections that you can make with the device, you can use one ConvertCtrl to generate an intermediate file/stream. The file/stream would need to support multiple connections since you can still only have one input/output with the ConvertCtrl. With the intermediate format, you'd then use an ConvertCtrl for each output format you need.

The two likely candidates for the intermediate format are one of the flavors of DVR or MPEG-2 Transport stream via UDP.

Each have their own pros and cons. Few file formats allow for simultaneous reading and writing. The LEADTOOLS DVR filters does allow for this. Using the DVR though will require using a hard drive on the machine doing the converting. You won't lose anything in converting with the DVR though.

If using a hard-drive isn't an option, the other alternative is using the network card and router for multi-casting MPEG-2 Transport streams. This would only use RAM, CPU, and the NIC card, but UDP isn't fail-proof. It's possible you can loose frames or other metadata this way.

One might think that using the DVR would be slower and prevent from keeping up at real-time. This is not the case though. Our tests have indicated that recording using the DVR can be done at real-time. Since the DVR allows both reading and writing simultaneously, converting at realtime should also be possible as well.
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo