Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:29:26 AM(UTC)
shrikantc

Groups: Registered

Hi,

How to save AnnObject into DICOMDataset Object in C#?
I have the collection of AnnObject and I am trying to add those annotations into DICOMdataset object. In C/CPP there is one method DICOMdataset (AnnSave)  to save annotations into dataset. How to do it in C#.Net.?

Thanks in advance.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 9:34:29 AM(UTC)

Travis  
Travis

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

You have two options for doing this in LEADTOOLS

1) Saving the Annotations as a Presentation State.  We ship a demo with our product showing you how this can be done.  The EXE to the demo can be found here: "\LEAD Technologies\LEADTOOLS 17.5\Bin\Dotnet\Win32\CSDicomAnnDemo_Original.exe". We also ship the source code for the demo, you can find it here: "\LEAD Technologies\LEADTOOLS 17.5\Examples\DotNet\CS\DicomAnnDemo"

2) You can save the Annotations to a memory buffer then place the buffer in a private tag within the dataset. 
To do this you would first start by saving the annotations to a memory buffer.  You can do this using the AnnCodecs.Save function.  Two of the overloads take a Stream object.
Next, you need to insert the stream object into the dataset as a private tag.  You first need to pick a Unique Identifier for the private element group.  You'll then add the group, then add a tag to the group with the annotation buffer as the data for the tag.  I have added sample project showing how this can done.

The Pros/Cons:
1) Pro: By saving the annotations in a presentation state any DICOM Viewer supporting the presentation state will be able to load and display your annotations on the image.  Your DICOM file will be portable.
    Con: You are limited to DICOM specific annotations.  Meaning you can only create and save annotations that the DICOM specification has defined.
2) Pro: You can use any of the annotations LEADTOOLS supports.
    Con: Since our annotation format is proprietary, only products using LEADTOOLS will be able to read and display the annotation file stored in the private tag.  So the DICOM file will be less portable. 

I hope this helps you in your endeavor.  If you have any further questions on this, please let me know.
File Attachment(s):
Travis Montgomery
Senior Sales Engineer
LEAD Logo