Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2011 9:42:22 AM(UTC)
ZombieCat

Groups: Registered

I am having a couple issues when using any method to get a still image from the capture control in .NET.

The first is that the preview of the video will always freeze for a few seconds.

The second is that sometimes when the video unfreezes I get a blank screen for a second. This happens mostly when using an USB capture device and rarely when using a PCIe capture device. When this does happen the still image is of the blank screen and not the video.

I have tried all the different methods provided by the CaptureCtl and the result is always the same. It does not matter if I am only previewing the video or actually in the process of recording it.

I am using the CaptureCtrl in Visual Studio 2010 utilizing .NET 4. I have made sure I am referencing the correct assembly for .NET 4.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:54:20 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

If you want to perform 'seamless' capture without interrupting the preview or live capture, you can use our LEAD Video Callback filter. This filter calls a function you provide for every video frame, and passes the image data to that function. You can write your function to copy the data or save it to disk. If the processing time of your function is fast enough (which is usually the case on modern PCs), the video capture is not affected in any way.

Please check the C# Video CallBack demo. You can find the source code here:
[LEADTOOLS Multimedia 17.5]\Examples\Ltmm\Dotnet\CS\Callback

Also, for more information about LEAD Video Callback filter, please see this page:
http://www.leadtools.com/help/leadtools/v175/multimedia/filters/filters/leadvideocallbackfilter%282.0%29.htm

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:50:33 AM(UTC)
ZombieCat

Groups: Registered

After doing some research yesterday I did end up using the Video Callback Filter. Works like a charm.