Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:07:29 AM(UTC)

issiah  
issiah

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I recently took over a project for our lead developer which utilizes the Leadtools SDK (v17). [17.0.4.0] and I am experiencing issues when attempt to run bar code recognition on any passed image.

There is an error when utilizing the blank page detection and identifying a separator sheet.

To simplify this I've created two projects which use the same methods for detection and they produce the same results. There are two projects one Windows Form and one Console they both produce the same result. (I've removed our license unlock key from the projects.)

After running the The Output window for Debug lists the following:

"'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_32\mscorlib\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities\10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.Sync\10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.Sync.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Debugger.Runtime\10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Debugger.Runtime.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Dev\VS2010\Projects\Leadtools_Barcode_Tester\Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester\bin\Debug\Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml.Linq\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.Linq.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Data.DataSetExtensions\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.CSharp\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.CSharp.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_32\System.Data\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Data.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
The thread 'vshost.NotifyLoad' (0x42c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread '<No Name>' (0xf10) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread '<No Name>' (0xe34) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'vshost.LoadReference' (0x13ec) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Dev\VS2010\Projects\Leadtools_Barcode_Tester\Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester\bin\Debug\Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.exe', Symbols loaded.
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Dev\VS2010\Projects\Leadtools_Barcode_Tester\Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester\bin\Debug\Leadtools.dll'
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
UnLocked: Barcodes1D
UnLocked: J2k
UnLocked: Cmw
UnLocked: Pro
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Dev\VS2010\Projects\Leadtools_Barcode_Tester\Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester\bin\Debug\Leadtools.Codecs.dll'
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Dev\VS2010\Projects\Leadtools_Barcode_Tester\Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester\bin\Debug\Leadtools.Codecs.Cmp.dll'
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Dev\VS2010\Projects\Leadtools_Barcode_Tester\Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester\bin\Debug\Leadtools.Barcode.dll'
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Dev\VS2010\Projects\Leadtools_Barcode_Tester\Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester\bin\Debug\Leadtools.Barcode.OneD.dll'
A first chance exception of type 'Leadtools.Barcode.BarcodeException' occurred in Leadtools.Barcode.dll
Leadtools.Barcode.BarcodeException: No barcode recognition
   at Leadtools.Barcode.BarcodeException.CheckErrorCode(Int32 code)
   at Leadtools.Barcode.BarcodeEngine.Read(RasterImage image, LeadRect searchRectangle, BarcodeSearchTypeFlags searchType, BarcodeUnit units, BarcodeReadFlags flags, Int32 multipleMaxCount, Barcode1d code1d, BarcodeReadPdf codePdf, BarcodeColor codeColor)
   at Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.Leadtools.IsSeparatorPage(RasterImage image) in C:\Dev\VS2010\Projects\Leadtools_Barcode_Tester\Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester\Program.cs:line 210
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Dev\VS2010\Projects\Leadtools_Barcode_Tester\Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester\bin\Debug\Leadtools.ImageProcessing.Core.dll'
'Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Dev\VS2010\Projects\Leadtools_Barcode_Tester\Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester\bin\Debug\Leadtools.ImageProcessing.Utilities.dll'
The thread 'vshost.RunParkingWindow' (0x1a68) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread '<No Name>' (0x508) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program '[600] Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe: Program Trace' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program '[600] Leadtools_Barcode_Console_Tester.vshost.exe: Managed (v4.0.30319)' has exited with code 0 (0x0)."

Any ideas on why this might be?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2011 2:28:17 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

There is no attachment with this post. If you want to attach file/images, put them in a ZIP or RAR file, and don't use the Preview option when attaching.
If you don't want to put your files on our forums, you can send them to support@leadtools.com and mention this post in your email.

Also, please verify if the problem can be reproduced using our sample Barcode1.tif image shipped with our v17 SDK sample images or not. If you use this image and it works, please send me sample files that triggers the problems you are facing with your projects.

#3 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2011 8:01:34 PM(UTC)

issiah  
issiah

Groups: Registered

The preview must have removed that attachment. Sorry about that I was unaware.
File Attachment(s):
Leadtools_Barcode_Tester.zip (41kb) downloaded 34 time(s).

#4 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 7:08:19 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

In your code sample, you are setting the BarcodeSearchTypeFlags to "Barcode1dPatchcode". Does your image contain this type of barcode? If not, the "No barcode recognition" exception will be triggered.

If your image contains other types such as the Barcode 1D 3 of 9, you can use the Barcode1dCode3Of9.

Please note that your can combine multiple barcode types from the same group in the barcode search type flags. For example, you can use this code:
BarcodeSearchTypeFlags.Barcode1dPatchcode | BarcodeSearchTypeFlags.Barcode1dCode128 | BarcodeSearchTypeFlags.Barcode1dCode3Of9

If you try that and you still face a problem, please send me the image you tried to work with. I modified your code with the above flags and used our sample image Barcode1.tif and I did not see the exception.