Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 1:51:48 AM(UTC)

HELID  
HELID

Groups: Registered

I´ve used LeadTools 14.5 in Delphi 2006 for a long time. I´ve been using the TLeadImage component to show, save and convert images. When I want to show an image in the TLeadImage I use the FeedLoad function to pass a pointer to a TSQLBlobStream. This works well!!

Now I need to use LeadTools 14.5 with Delphi XE. I´ve registred the ActiveX - Lead Main Control and I recieved a LEADLib_TLB file which contains a FeedLoad function. This feedLoad function takes an OLEVariant parameter instead of a pointer. How do I pass a TSQLBlobStream to an OLEVariant??

Best regards/
Helena

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, February 27, 2011 5:08:12 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Helena,
Version 14.5 of LEADTOOLS went out of production a long time ago. At the time it was an active product, we never could use the LEAD Main OCX with Delphi because Delphi versions that existed at the time all had a problem with the OCX and they always crashed or behaved erratically when we inserted it.

If it does work with newer versions of Delphi, the main point relevant to your question is that the ActiveX commonly uses Variant data types, which are special data types that can contain numbers, strings, arrays or almost any type of data.

What the Main OCX expects for the FeedLoad function is a variant that contains an array of type unsigned char (array of bytes) that represent the data bytes of the image that's going to be loaded.
Our Main OCX help file show how to prepare such a VARIANT using some other languages such as C++ and VB.
Please try to search Delphi documentation to see how best to prepare this kind of VARIANT and pass it to a function.