Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 9:19:32 PM(UTC)

EvanByl  
EvanByl

Groups: Registered

I am working on fax viewer software that rotates fax images and annotations in 90 degree increments. After upgrading to LeadTools 17, the rotated annotations are no longer in the correct positions with respect to the underlying image.

I believe this may be due to a DPI behavior change in the Annotations. The faxes in this example have 204 horizontal DPI and 98 vertical DPI. Using Leadtools 14.5, the BoundingRectangle coordinates of the drawn AnnObject did not appear to account for the DPI of the container, but after the upgrade they do. I believe this is resulting in the annotation alignment issues, because the image DPI is rotated, but the DPI of the annotation container is not.

Is this a known issue, and is there a workaround?

I can provide specific examples of coordinates of expected and actual behavior, if that would help better illustrate the problem.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 3:18:34 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I want to check this issue on my side. If you can send me a sample file, please make sure to put it in a ZIP or RAR archive. Also, please mention how exactly you are rotating the image.

If you try to load your image and Annotation into LEADTOOLS Annotation Automation demo, do you get the correct display when rotating the image in the demo? If not, try to enable the UseDpi property in the demo (From View menu->Use Dpi) and then rotate your image, do you get the correct annotation alignment.

#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:33:51 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

It appears that you have sent a private message using this forum. We don't always monitor private messages. So please send the details I asked about to in a new email to support@leadtools.com.
About rotating the image in our demo, you can do that from View menu->Rotate, then choose the rotation degree. If you try that, does it work correctly?

#4 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 11:36:32 AM(UTC)

EvanByl  
EvanByl

I was able to solve this problem by changing the following:

Old:
private void _faxViewer_TransformChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
FaxViewPage faxPage = this._pageList.SelectedItem as FaxViewPage;
if (faxPage == null)
return;

// keep the container transform in sync with current viewer transformation (zoom, scroll, etc)
faxPage.Annotations.Transform = _faxViewer.Transform.Clone();
}

New:
{
if (faxPage == null)
return;

// keep the container transform in sync with current viewer transformation (zoom, scroll, etc)
faxPage.Annotations.Transform = _faxViewer.Transform.Clone();
}

Thanks for your help with this issue.

#5 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 11:39:02 AM(UTC)

EvanByl  
EvanByl

Sorry, that New: section should look like this:

{
if (faxPage == null)
return;

faxPage.Annotations.Transform = _faxViewer.GetTransformWithDpi().Clone();
}