Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 2:07:58 PM(UTC)
mfalomir

Groups: Registered

I'm currently using LT 16.5 in my application however our customer required to upgrade it in order for it to use LT 17.0 - I've downloaded the FULL evaluation version and after a few minor adjustments to the application was able to compile and run, however whenever I try to process a PDF file I'm getting an error like "Raster PDF Engine is needed to use this feature". Wasn't supposed to come everything in the installation ? Am I missing something ?

Any help, ideas, comments that might shed some light will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mario

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 11:06:28 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello Mario,

With LEADTOOLS v16.5, the PDF engine consisted of several directories that could be found in the "..\Bin\Common\PDF\" directory. With the LEADTOOLS installation, we included a registry key that pointed our tools to where this engine could be found. It was not required with v16.5 to specifically indicate in your code where the engine could be located, as long as this registry key existed on the system.

With LEADTOOLS v17, neither this PDF folder nor this registry key exist anymore. The runtime was replaced with a single dll, and now you must indicate in your code where the LtPdfEngine.dll/Leadtools.PdfEngine.dll can be found. The location of the PDF engine needs to be set using one of the following methods:
1.) C DLL - L_SetPDFInitDir(L_TCHAR* pszInitDir);
2.) C++ Class Library - LFileSettings::SetPDFInitDir(L_TCHAR* pszInitDir);
3.) .NET - RasterCodecs.CodecsOptions.CodecsPdfOptions.InitialPath property

This needs to be set prior to any call that would access the file, such as getting file information or decompressing it.
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo