Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 1:25:28 AM(UTC)
Thomas T

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I migrated our software from LT v15 to v17. I changed all DLLs, LIBs and Header-files. Changes of the methods where not necessary (it compiled successfully). But unfortunately every time I try to load an image (L_LoadBitmap) I get the return code -9 (ERROR_FILE_FORMAT). I tried different files and formats. The same holds true for L_FileInfo(). It returns -9, too.

Is there anything more I need to change in version 17?

Thanks

Thomas

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 4:54:01 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Thomas,
Error -9 means 'Invalid file format' and it is normally generated due to a missing DLL file which is required to load specific image format. For example, if you want to load JPEG file, you will need the Lfcmpu.dll.

If you try to load your files using our LEADTOOLS v17 Main CDLL demo, does it load them correctly? If yes and the problem only appears in your application, try to set your application Working Directory to the following folder:
[LEADTOOLS 17 v17]\Bin\CDLL\Win32

#3 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 5:42:49 AM(UTC)
Thomas T

Groups: Registered

Thanks Adnan

It works now.  We copy the dlls into the applications working folder and I did not pay attention to the fact that the file format dlls are in the subfolder (“filters”). The application does not look for the dlls in this subfolder.

Due to this it is not a migration issue.