Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 5:06:01 PM(UTC)
L3 Communications

Groups: Registered

After spending a great deal of time looking through the forums and experimenting, I don't see a way that I can save an image as a ".DCM" file.

We use the LT 14.5 medical com version with VB6. I can load a DCM file, yet it seems that the commondlg does not support the DCM extension. It insists to save a file as DIC.

Is there a way for me to add this file format to the "SAVE" dialog?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2011 6:33:56 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

If you use our SaveDS method (ILEADDicomDS), you can specify any file name and extension you want.
If you want to change the string in our Save dialog, you can do it using the SetDlgString() method.

#3 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2011 9:38:42 AM(UTC)
L3 Communications

Groups: Registered

It sounds like you are a lot smarter than I am :-) I assume you are referring to a potential DLL call, so I will look for that in the help files. We prefer using your SaveAs Dialog in our VB6 application since it works nicely for saving other types of files. Thus, I will try that route before attempting to write directly to a file (sounds like much extra work to create a custom dialog).

much thanks.
Richard

#4 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 6:28:47 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Richard,
I am referring to the LEADTOOLS COM objects Common Dialogs. You can call the SetDlgString() method to change the "File Format Strings (Save dialog and File Conversion dialog).

You can change the strings using the following 2 lines:
LRasterKrnDlg.SetDlgString DLG_FF_SAVE_IDSTR_DICOMCOLOR, "DICOM Color (*.dcm)"
LRasterKrnDlg.SetDlgString DLG_FF_SAVE_IDSTR_DICOMGRAY, "DICOM Grayscale (*.dcm)"

However, to actually save with a .DCM extension, the dialog will not do it for you. To do it, you must disable the auto-save feature of the dialog and take the file name returned by the dialog and replace the ".dic" extension with ".dcm", then pass the modified name to ILEADDicomDS.SaveDS() method.

Another option is to create your own dialog or use the common File Save dialog (non-LEAD), which you can control the list of formats displayed in it.