Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2010 9:47:24 AM(UTC)
H.J.Lebert

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have a curious problem.

On some computers it is no problem to execute the following code line:

int iErr = LBase::LoadLibraries( LT_DLG, LT_DLGFILE );

On a couple of computers the upper code line produces an error and the condition

if( !( iErr & LT_DLG ))

is true!

I use LEADTools 16.5 on C++ base.

All necessary Dlls are in the appropriate directory.

I spent some time to reproduce this unnormal behaviour but in all cases the upper mentioned problem arises only on client computers. So I have not the ability to go into detail.

Now I want to know if this problem is a well known problem or it is a new one?

Many thanks in advance.

Hans Jörg Lebert

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, October 4, 2010 11:13:37 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hans,
If the same code works on some machines but fails on others, the most likely cause would be deployment files.
This could be:
1. One or more missing LEAD files (DLLs).
2. Even if all needed LEADTOOLS files are deployed, you could be missing some of their dependencies, such as Microsoft runtime files.
3. Another possible reason might be incompatible versions (builds) of LEAD DLLs installed by different products. To avoid this problem, try to always deploy our DLLs in the same folder that contains your project's EXE.

If the problem persists, try to use ProcessExplorer or a similar utility at one of the faulty machines and also at a working machine and compare the loaded DLLs on both. The ProcessExplorer is a free program that is available from http://www.microsoft.com...ies/ProcessExplorer.mspx
Use this program and see what DLLs load on your development machine and then see what is missing from your deployment machine.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2010 9:32:52 PM(UTC)
H.J.Lebert

Groups: Registered

Hi Maen,

thanks for your quick reply - but it seems to be a standard answer! :(

1) There are no missing LEAD files!
2) On all computers Microsoft's Redistributable Package for Visual C++ 2008 is installed - on faulty computers twice.
3) All Dlls are stored in same folder that contains the project's EXE.

The software ProcessExplorer is well known. I'm using software tools from Sysinternals since 1996 when Mark Russinovich created the webside.

But that's only the last way to solve this problem! As I've already mentioned the problem only arises on client computers.

Therefore I asked into this group if there are other well known reasons for this behaviour. Probably side effects with other client software or difficulties with antivirus software or something like that?

All hints are wellcome.

Thanks in advance

Hans Jörg Lebert

#4 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2010 5:39:36 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hans,
My reply might have appeared as a canned response but it wasn't. This issue is not a common one with these particular DLLs, but it's common in the general sense. That's why the suggestions appeared general.

In most cases, a PC-specific problem will require investigating that specific PC, unless you can reproduce it on a different machine.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support