Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 7:52:43 AM(UTC)

liscio  
liscio

Groups: Registered

Hi all,
i have a question... if I put a "RasterImage" in a "RasterThumbnailBrowser", using:

Items.Add(new RasterImageListItem(myRasterImage, 1, "test"))

Is there a way, to have the raster image back?

more clearly:
- if i call "myRasterThumbnailBrowser.SelectedItems[0].Image" i obtain the "thumbnailed" version of the original "myRasterImage". How can i do, to obtanin the "full-sized / original" rasterImage, from the selected item?

thanks,
Andrea.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2010 11:23:08 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello Andrea,

Are you looking to get the "full-sized" image so that it can be displayed in a RasterImageViewer? If so, you are likely going to want to reload the image from the hard-disk using RasterCodecs. Unless you are only going to have a few thumbnails loaded in the Thumbnail Browser, you will quickly run into an issue of not having enough memory for your application because all of your images are full-size. The common practive for this is to load a small image (thumbnail) for use in the Thumbnail browser, and when a user tries to load an image, you will use the original file name within the item to load the image again as a full-size image.

Having said that, here is a small example of how you could load a few full-sized images into the ThumbnailBrowser/RasterImageList control, and then display them in a RasterImageViewer when selected by the user.

If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this, please let me know.
File Attachment(s):
CS_RasterImageListDemo.zip (1,556kb) downloaded 35 time(s).
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo