Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2009 4:07:43 AM(UTC)
paimon.soror.csc

Groups: Registered

Hello folks.

My name is Paimon Sorornejad and I am a contractor for Pratt & Whitney.  We are currently working on developing an application and are in the process of getting the approval to obtain a license for the LeadTools software.  In the meantime I have been directed to the evaluation copy to start.

One of the major portions of our project is its ability to convert a CGM file to a TIFF image and a CALS image.  I currently have the example applications and see that it is indeed possible, but because the application is an MFC project it is a bit hard locating exactly where the "guts" of the code are. 

Would anyone be able to provide a very small example on how to do a file conversion?  Thanks.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:01:02 AM(UTC)
paimon.soror.csc

Also I was hoping to get a non MFC example, thanks

#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2009 6:15:02 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

By non-MFC, do you mean plain C language or something else?
Currently, loading CGM files is only supported in our DLL API functions and C++ Class Library.

Note: The conversion also works with our Main OCX control, but you will have to contact our sales department to see if there's a combination of products is available that allows you to use the OCX with Vector redist files.

#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2009 4:21:01 AM(UTC)
paimon.soror.csc

Yes I am looking for a c/c++ implementation.  Ideally my goal is to create a program that I can pass command line arguments of the file name and the output file name and have the conversion occur.  I actually managed to get started on this, maybe you can take a look?  Thanks.

#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2009 4:22:16 AM(UTC)
paimon.soror.csc

Sorry seems that i cant attach a cpp file.  I renamed it to txt...
File Attachment(s):
ConsoleConverter.txt (4kb) downloaded 26 time(s).

#6 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2009 3:33:23 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Here are some tips:
1. If the input is a vector format, it's better to set the view port using the L_2DSetViewport function.
2. When saving JPEG-compressed PDF, the quality factor parameter is important.
3. You're saving using FILE_TIFF format which is an uncompressed format and will cause the file size to be relatively large. I suggest that you use a losseless file format such as FILE_TIFLZW.

Your approach is correct in general, so if you face a problem with your code please feel free to contact us with more details regarding the issue you are having.