Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2009 2:42:59 AM(UTC)

aah  
aah

Groups: Registered

Hi
I am using LT 14.5 with delphi 2005.
Is it possible to set additionnal informations into an annotation object.
Thanks for your help

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2009 7:13:07 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Can you please give me more details about how you are using the annotations exactly? And what is the information you want to add to the annotation object?
Aslo, which LEADTOOLS programming interface (DLL API, C++ Classes or VCL) are you using?

In LEADTOOLS V14.5 you can create custom annotations. You can see the help topic "Creating Custom Annotations" and "AnnOptions property" in our help files.

#3 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2009 11:44:16 PM(UTC)

aah  
aah

Hi
1 - Actually, i use Annotation Tag as Unique Identifier for my Annotation Objects. Each Annotation Object is linked to one of my own object, represented by an objectID (Integer). In need to store this link (objectID) by adding additionnal information into the Annotation Object.
2 - I use VCL programming interface.
Thanks for your support.

#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2009 4:18:52 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Using the tag could be a valid option. The tag can be any number, and if you save the annotation to a file using AnnSave method, you can later load it back and get the same number. However, this will only work if the ID of your other object remains the same after saving and loading.
If a new ID is generated in different sessions, you must store the same tag value somewhere in the other object.

#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2009 5:08:56 AM(UTC)

aah  
aah

I already use tag as Annotation ID and it work fine. But besides, i need also to link the Annotation to my internal object by it objectID. This is why i need to store this objectID into the Annotation Object. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks

#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2009 1:19:09 AM(UTC)

Basel  

I'm afraid I still don't understand the requirement. You are already making some type of connection between 2 types of objects. The first is your own object that has a numerical objectID. The second type is our Annotation object that has a Tag property. You are storing the first object's objectID into the second object's Tag.

Please answer the following 2 questions:
1. Is the above description accurate?
2. If yes, what do you need to add to it exactly? Isn't the connection already made between the 2 objects? In other words, what's missing?

#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2009 1:58:41 AM(UTC)

aah  
aah

Sorry for my so bad english :)
1. No, the description is not completly correct. Yes, I am trying to make connection between 2 types of objects. But i can't use the Tag property because i already use it as unique identifier of the annotation object.
3. What I need to do, is to add a new property to the annotation object to store an integer value. This value will be my object id, linked to the annotation.
Thanks

#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2009 6:12:36 AM(UTC)

Basel  

You cannot add a new property to the Annotation object, but you can try to do it in one of 2 ways:
1. Either use a property that you don't use for something else, such as the Name property. If you are keeping the Annotation object Name hidden, you can store a value in it, such as a string of the object ID.

2. Or keep an external array that has 2 columns, one of the Ann object tag and the other for the objectID.

#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2009 11:15:34 PM(UTC)

aah  
aah

Thanks for your support.
I will try the second way. I have experienced a memory leak with the name property (please see http://support.leadtools...rums/25310/ShowPost.aspx).
Regards

#10 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 7:26:08 AM(UTC)

jigar  

Hello,

If you still see a memory leak with the latest 14.5 modules, then you will have to use the second way. 14.5's maintenance cycle has ended so we will not be able to make any changes to it.

Thanks

#11 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 11:19:33 PM(UTC)

aah  
aah

Ok
Thanks