Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:07:13 PM(UTC)
mabaysal

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I am using LT15 and C++ class library.

I have strange loss of synhronization between pan view and scroll bars of objects derived from LAnnotationBitmap. When scroll bars are moved from (0,0) zero positions, Pan Window's active area indicator (rectangle with blue lines than can picked and panned) and bitmap image scrolls fine.. However when pan window was used to manipulate, the bitmap image moves fine but scroll bars do not update at all and remain stationary.
Only if pan window destroyed and recreated then scroll bars update themselves to be in synchrinization with pan windows active area indicator.

The LAnnotationBitmap derived objects are created as window usind "new" and "CreateWnd".

I wonder if anybody has any idea what can be the reason for this mishap. Similar code have no issue with LT13, events or call back messages do not seem to be an issue either when I debugged.

Thanks.

Akif Baysal

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2009 8:55:04 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

What is the file version of ltkrn15u.dll that you are using?

Are you able to reproduce this in any of our demos that ship with the SDK?  If so, please let me know what steps you are taking to do so.  I checked the C++ Class Library Annotations demo and it seemed to work just fine.  I could display the pan window (View -> Pan Window) and the scroll bars and pan window always seemed to be in sync.

#3 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2009 12:16:27 PM(UTC)
mabaysal

Groups: Registered

Hi Greg,

The example were fine and compiling the same code without Codejock Xtreme toolkit was also fine.
After debugging this strange issue further I came to conclusion that this should be related to Codejock Xtreme Toolkit skinning. It wraps MFC classes and changes skin/look of windows, and re-routes messages, I believe the comunication from Pan wnd to scroll bar is broken, reverse communication is fine. I contacted them, but if you think of a quick workaround, let me know. I tried if I can do something from Pan Wnd Event but did not succeed yet..

Akif

#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:20:23 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

It definitely sounds like the third party control you're wrapping ours in is eating some messages.  It may be possible to work around this by using the PanWndCallBack and getting the current rectangle in the pan window.  Then you could manually set the viewing rectangle in the main window to panned rectangle.