Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2009 11:39:13 PM(UTC)

craized  
craized

Groups: Registered

Hi experts...i am noob to leadtools and wanted to know if there is any ways in leadtools that process an image and remove the unwanted regions in it.

For example, my scanner usually scans an area of A4 size paper but the size of the object that i scan is usually smaller than A4 size. Therefore i wanted to know whether is there any methods in leadtools that is able to detect and trim away the unwanted regions (usually black in color since my scanner is using a black background)  regardless how i place the object in the scanner?

I have try to use the removeBorder() method but it only works on 1-bit image instead of on a colorful image. Currently i reading through the API documentation but it is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I am hopping this forum can give me some suggestions or ideas which i am work on or explore?

FYI, i am currently using leadtools pro version 14.0.  Thanks in advance. [:)]

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:19:06 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

If you are using API, you can use L_AutoTrimBitmap which trims the current bitmap, removing blank space around the edges, but I'm not sure if it will give you good results with your images.
Can you please send me a sample image? You can post it here or send it support@leadtools.com and mention this forum post.

#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 8:44:15 PM(UTC)

craized  
craized

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the feedback...

Tried autoTrim() method and it works great...Thanks for the help