Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2009 6:50:15 AM(UTC)

liviuz  
liviuz

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I get the attached error trying to add the ltmmPlayCtrl to one of my forms.

I've added the control to my toolbox by right-clicking in the toolbox and then 'Choose Items...'. I've selected the COM tab and located the ltmm15_n.dll and that added ltmmPlayCtrl to my toolbox.

Now every time I try to add this control to one of my forms I get the attached error. Any idea why?

regards,
Liviu

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2009 8:51:54 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello Liviu,

Your post did not contain any attachment. Exactly what error are you getting? Does the control get added to the form, or is the error preventing that?

I have not seen this error before. I would suggest trying to remove the items from the toolbox, re-registering the ltmm15.dll, and then trying to add the controls back into the toolbox.

What build version do you have?

As a work-around, you should be able to add the code for the control yourself. SOmething like this should work:

AxLTMMLib.AxltmmPlayCtrl player;
player = new AxLTMMLib.AxltmmPlayCtrl();
Controls.Add(player);

You'll need to reference the AxInterop for LtmmLib for this, but not the ltmm15.dll directly. You should be able to find this in the Bin directory of the LEADTOOLS installation.

NOTE: If you are attaching a project or file to the forums...
1.) Zip the file(s) up.
2.) Make sure it is less than 5 MB. If it is larger, please send an email to support@leadtools.com and we'll send you FTP instructions.
3.) Remove ANY AND ALL unlock codes and LEADTOOLS DLLs.
4.) Do not click the preview button, the attachment will not show up when you post it.

If you do not wish to post your file(s) on the forum since they are publically viewable, please send an email to support@leadtools.com and make sure that you include a link to this forum post.
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2009 12:09:29 AM(UTC)

liviuz  
liviuz

Groups: Registered

Hi Walter,

Hopefully the attachment will work this time.

I've also added the bit of code you recommended into my InitializeComponent method and now when I try to load the form in design mode I get the following error:

You must have a license to use this ActiveX control.

at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.set_Site(ISite value)
at System.ComponentModel.Container.Add(IComponent component, String name)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.Add(IComponent component, String name)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.System.ComponentModel.Design.IDesignerHost.CreateComponent(Type componentType, String name)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.IDesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeInstance(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Type type, Object[] parameters, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.ComponentCodeDomSerializer.DeserializeInstance(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Type type, Object[] parameters, String name, Boolean addToContainer)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeExpression(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String name, CodeExpression expression)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializer.DeserializeStatementToInstance(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializer.Deserialize(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Object codeObject)
at System.Windows.Forms.Design.ControlCodeDomSerializer.Deserialize(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Object codeObject)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.TypeCodeDomSerializer.DeserializeName(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String name, CodeStatementCollection statements)

Regards,
Liviu
File Attachment(s):
screenshot.zip (37kb) downloaded 93 time(s).

#4 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 3:54:03 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello Liviu,

It appears that the main LTMM dll can't find "ltmm.lic", which is the license file required for developing with the SDK. This file should NOT be deployed. The file should be located in the System32/SysWOW64 with the main LTMM dll. If you cannot find it there, I would suggest repairing your installation of the multimedia SDK, or performing a clean install, so that this file is created on your development machine.
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo