Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2005 5:51:36 AM(UTC)
jherrera

Groups: Registered

Hello Support,

I'm developing a system for a customer using your SDK. I'm using the functions:

• Rotate
  • Despeckle
  • BorderRemove
  • HolePunchRemove

I'm using those methods in batch processing and the general performance is not good, my customer has more than 100.000 documents to process. Is there any way to improve this process?

If this is useful for somebody I'm using Clarion as my development language

Thanks
Juan Herrera

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2005 1:23:28 PM(UTC)

Gabe  
Gabe

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Thank you for your support of LEAD and LEADTOOLS.

Despeckle, HolePunchRemove, BorderRemove, and Deskew are all very intensive image processing features that require a pixel by pixel analysis of the image. For this reason, there is not anything programmatically that can be changed to increase the speed of these features.

As for rotate, LEADTOOLS Document Imaging products do offer a 'FastRotate' function that rotates the viewport of the image rather than the bitmap data itself. This obviously results in a much faster rotation. Since the 'FastRotate' only operates on the viewport, the image data will not be saved rotated unless you use the standard 'rotate'. However, if you are saving the image as TIFF, the view perspective will be saved in the TIFF header so that the image can be loaded back with the correct orientation.

Gabriel Smith

LEAD Technologies, Inc.

Gabe
Developer Support
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo