Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2009 5:27:00 AM(UTC)
dkrijnen

Groups: Registered

I understand that measurement calibration is based on DICOM Pixel spacing (0028,0030). If this tag is not present, a default of 150dpi will be used as calibration. I don't like the idea of this default. Is it possible to disable this, or use units in stead of cm/inch when this tag is not present?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 5:04:18 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Although the absence of resolution information causes a default value of 150 to be used, this is not a must. You can easily change the DPI value in the bitmap after loading it. If you set it to any other value before creating the annotations container, the value you choose will be used instead.

If you are using our .NET classes, simply change the value of RasterImage.XResolution  and YResolution properties immediately after loading.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2009 3:45:32 AM(UTC)
dkrijnen

Groups: Registered

Dear Basel,

I understand that it's possible to change the DPI value. I would like to know if it's possible to display measurements in "units" in stead of "cm's etc." when pixel spacing tag is not available.

In this case i am ablet o tell whether an image has been calibrated on the acquisition device or not.

#4 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 1:17:25 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

If you are using our Annotation Ruler object, you can set the unit to "Pixel", which gives you the measurement in bitmap pixels and does not use the DPI value when calculating.

You can also change the displayed text of the unit to any text want. So instead of displaying "in" for inches, "cm" for centimeters or "pixels", you could display "units" for example.