Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2009 9:21:43 PM(UTC)

Realnck  
Realnck

Groups: Registered

I have the last version of the framework (16.5). I am developing a custom form in C#2008. When I set a capability it works fine, but when I shut-down the session and I startup session again the capability is reset to the old value.

If I change the value of a capability from the Twain interface of the scanner driver the capability doesn't reset when I restart session.

What is the problem with my custom form?
I have follow the steps of the examples you have.
In the example of the SDK "01 C# Twain Capabilities and Fast Twain Demo 32-bit (VS 2005 Project)" occurs the same, when I change a capability, and I restart session its reset the value changed to the old value.
I need to use other method than SetCapability?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:07:57 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

The behavior depends on the Twain driver. Capability values are not guaranteed to be retained between sessions.
You can either set all the capabilities you need every time you initiate a new session, or you could use the SaveTemplateFile/LoadTemplateFile functions to do that.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2009 12:05:05 AM(UTC)

Realnck  
Realnck

Groups: Registered

Thanks!
Now I use the SaveTemplateFile/LoadTemplateFile and it works.
I have detected that the order in which the properties are loaded, fail to assign a correct value to the TwainCapabilityType.ImageXResolution property because after it is loaded correctly, the property TwainCapabilityType.ImageXScaling loads and change the value of the ImageXResolution. I think this may be a bug.
Now to make it work propertly I have stored the value of the ImageXResolution and after all the load process is done I reassign the value.