Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:59:42 AM(UTC)

asukhu  
asukhu

Groups: Registered

I know that I am currently working on this issue with Walter. But I want to try my luck by posting my question on the forum.:<br><br>

I am trying to generate a pdf417 barcode with a required height. I know that I will need to modify the values in the <b>BARCODEWRITEPDF</b> struct.<br><br>

Of the values in the BARCODEWRITEPDF struct, It seems that the parameters that I need to modify are: <br>
1) <b>wEccLevel</b>
2) <b>wModAspectRatio</b>
3) <b>wColumns</b>
4) <b>wRows</b>
5) <b>wModule</b>
<br><br>
From what i read from the Help file and doing some googling. It seems that to get the barcode hight would mean:<br>
barcodeHeight = #rows * rowHeight + 2(quietZones)<br>
barcodeWidth = ??? + 2(quietZones)
<br><br>
Of those values the only one that jumps out to me is the <b>#rows</b> which is param wRows that we passin. I am not sure on how to get the <b> rowHeight</b> nor the <b>quietZones</b>.

The closest item seems to provide me the row height is the wModAspectRatio which states:<br>
wModAspectRatio = wModule/rowHeight <br>
rowHeight = wModule/wModAspectRatio <br>
<br>
Now wModule is the size of the smallest element in (0.001 of an inch). So what values do i need to use?? and how does this relate to the size returned by lprcSize in the write function? is that value in pixels or inches?? <br>
LBarCode::Write(pBarCodeData, ulFlags = 0, pBarColor = NULL, pBarCode1D = NULL, pBarCodePDF = NULL, pBarCodeDM = NULL, pBarCodeQR = NULL, lprcSize = NULL);
<br><br>

Thanks.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2009 10:05:11 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello,

With respect to the data that you use, it may not be possible to give you a formula by which you can follow to calculate the barcodes dimensions. The PDF417 allows for different combinations when encoding data. If you have a specific format that your data is in, we may be able to assist in giving you numbers by which you can encode your data on a consistant basis.

If you're looking to specifically control the number of rows and columns in the barcode and you use the BARCODE_COLROWASLIMITS flag with the write method, then you need to specify the wRows, wColumns, wModAspectRatio, and wModule. The wAspectHeight and wAspectWidth parameters will not be used with this flag. Also, if you pass 0 for either the wRows or wColumns properties, the barcode engine will use a default value for calcuating the barcode size. If the default is not hight enough, then you will get an invalid width/height return value.

If you do not use the BARCODE_COLROWASLIMITS flag, and you specify a number of columns and rows, then up to this number of columns/rows will be used to encode the data.
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo