Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2009 1:41:51 AM(UTC)
GauravPatel

Groups: Registered

I am trying to develop application using Lead SDK. In my application I am getting encoded H264 frame from some other source in buffer in my application. I want to decode these frames and dump decoded frames in YUV format in to the file. Please suggest me how I can do. Please note that, I don't want to display the decoder data. In my application I am only interested in decoder funactionalities only.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2009 6:10:33 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

There's several ways to do this, but the easiest would be to use out ltmmConvertCtrl and the Still Image Writer format.  This will save each frame as a still image and YUV JPEGs are one of the many options.  You can test this functionality in the Convert demo that ships with the SDK.  Select Still Image from the formats and then click the Properties button to configure it.

#3 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2009 3:58:32 AM(UTC)
GauravPatel

Thanks for prompt reply. I think i have made some progress. But still i am not able to meet 100% of my requirement. I am able to decode H264 frames stored in file and stored decoded frames into the another file.

But in my requirement I want to supply H264 encoded frame from my application buffer. I don't want decoder API or filter to read encoded frame from file. Also I want decoded YUV or RGB frame into the buffer.

Can you please suggest me how I can achieve this? It will be great, if you can provide me some sample which show how to do this.

#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 6:07:27 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

I'm not completely sure I understand your goal.  Are you not wanting to use DirectShow?

Where are you getting the h264 data that you want to decode?

#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 7:08:19 AM(UTC)
GauravPatel

We just want H264 decoder, no matter whether it is directshow filter or ordinarly library.

We are getting H264 data from some video server and we have our own library which receives H264 video stream. We are getting RTP packets from some server. Our RTP library provides a complete H264 encoded frame. Currently we are using some FFMPEG H264 decoder to decode this H264 frame. We just want to replace FFMPEG with LeadTools H264 decoder. We don't want to do much modification in application. We want to use just decoder functionality where we will supply encoded H264 frame in buffer and want to receive YUV or RGB buffer after decoding.

#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 10:56:41 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Our h264 decoder will only work in a DirectShow environment.  It is possible to use it in low level DirectShow without the use of our tools and you can provide the input pin and get the data from the output pin, but we don't provide support for low level DirectShow since our SDK is designed to eliminate that need.

Since you want to provide the h264 data, you can use our ltmmConvertCtrl and use the SourceObject rather than the SourceFile property.  Similarly, to get the uncompressed video data, you would use the TargetObject property.