Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2005 8:21:46 AM(UTC)
tteveris

Groups: Registered

I don’t know why you Lead folks can’t deal with CMYK but it’s driving me nuts.

LeadTools v13

I create a 32 bit / pixel bitmap

Fill the pixels / channels with the data that I want.

When I go to save it I use

L_SaveFile(szFileName, &pI->m_Image, FILE_TIF_CMYK, 24, 1, 0, NULL, NULL, NULL);

If I change the 24 to either 0 or 32 I get a 5-channel tif, I just want 4 (CMYK).

Also, when I go to read the file back in (not with Lead because it does not work) I use the TIFFLIB

The channel data is NOT my original data BUT a 32 bit / pixel RGB with the 4th channel set to zero.

Can you point me in the write direction for both read and writing of CMYK TIF files.

Does version 14 address this better than previous versions ?

Thanks in advance

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2005 11:54:50 AM(UTC)

Ike  
Ike

Groups: Tech Support

In the current and past versions of LEADTOOLS, we convert CMYK data to RGB internally when loading files. When saving files, we convert RGB data to CMYK during the save. In version 14.5 (due later this year) we will have new functions that allow you to load images and keep the CMYK channels seperate. When saving, you will be able to save CMYK files from the 4 seperate channels, without doing any RGB => CMKY conversion.

Edit by Moderator:
Newer versions of LEADTOOLS contain functions for loading and saving CMYK channels in TIF and some other image file types without the need to convert to RGB and back.

Edited by moderator Saturday, October 1, 2016 8:36:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ike
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo