Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 9:46:30 AM(UTC)
cardinals33

Groups: Registered

I am using Leadtools V15 for .NET and trying to scan a document and save it as a PDF. It is set to letter size with 300 DPI resolution. The scanned image reads as having a width of 2528 and height of 3300 along with the 300 x 300 DPI resolution which is as it should be. After saving it as a pdf it reads as being 35in x 45in isntead of 8.5in x 11in. Does anyone know why this would happen? If the original images are OCRed and saved as a searchable PDF from the OCR engine it comes out as 8.5 x 11. This is the code I use to save a non OCR PDF:

_codecs.Save(e.Image, "d:\\newpdf.pdf",

RasterImageFormat.RasPdfJbig2, 1, 1, 1, 1, Leadtools.Codecs.CodecsSavePageMode.Append);

I used this codec because it yielded the smallest image size but others such as RasPdfG4 also give the same width and height in inches when saved.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2009 6:44:08 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

You need to set the _codecs.Options.Pdf.Save.UseImageResolution property to True before saving the PDF file using the _codecs.Save method.
This property gets or sets a value indicating whether to use the image resolution (DPI) in calculating page dimensions when saving a PDF file.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support