Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 9:03:35 AM(UTC)

mkpenny  
mkpenny

Groups: Registered

I have created a web application that scans documents and saves them to a database using lead tools 16. The images are saved as pdf. The problem is that i need the saved data to be smaller.

I do search for barcodes and other proccessing of the scanned image before finally saving. Scans are at a low dpi(typically 200 to ensure barcode read) and are black and white, and still are about 2 MB.

The code i use to covert the image to pdf stream to be saved in to the database:

p_codecs.Save(RawImage, stm, Leadtools.RasterImageFormat.RasPdfJpeg411, 8, 1, RawImage.PageCount, 1, CodecsSavePageMode.Overwrite)

What is the best method to reduce these files sizes? can i convert the rawimage to a gif or somthing then save it as a pdf? I've tried everything i can think of but am out of time. Please advise.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2009 11:09:39 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

You could try some of the other RasPdf[...] formats.  I noticed you're saving as 8bpp.  Are these images black and white?  If so, then you can use RasPdfG4 and save them as 1bpp which will give a much smaller file size.

If you need the grayscale or color and want to use JPEG compression, you can further control the output with the RasterCodecs.Options.Jpeg.Save.QualityFactor property.  A lower value creates larger files with better quality while larger values yield smaller files and lower image quality.