Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 4:40:33 AM(UTC)
mtbcyclist

Groups: Registered

I am using ePrint to print multiple copies of receipts for a Point of Sale system for one of my clients. Everything seems to work great except there is now way I can get the software to get away from using a fixed paper length. I want the paper length to vary with the receipt size. In other words if you have a receipt with one item on it the paper length will be very short. If you have a receipt with 100 items on it the paper length will be very long. Is there anyway you can fix this issue? If there is I will buy a copy of this software as we are currently evaluating it.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 5:53:37 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I suspect that the point of sale software you're using sends some special signal or code to the printer driver to tell it that the print job had finished. This resembles defining a different paper size for every job.
If that's the case, there is no way to tell ePrint to automatically detect the paper size of the incoming job, and modify the output page settings accordingly. If you have the source code of the printing application, you could try to find out how they do it internally. Otherwise, I'm afraid there's nothing much we can do about it.