Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2009 10:44:24 PM(UTC)
Benjamin D

Groups: Registered

Hi,

<div>I downloaded yesterday the eval version of your H264 video decoder, to use with DVB Viewer and watch HD TV live (signal is 1440 x 1080 @ 25 fps, interlaced).</div>
<div></div>
<div>The image quality is good, with no stuttering, some very light tearing, and a steady 25 fps. CPU use is high (50-60% on a Core 2 Duo E8200 under XP), GPU use is low (10-15% on 2600XT with latest 8.12 Catalyst driver). Nice work, I believe the image is better than with CoreAVC, which is a reference in the HTPC world.</div>

<div>However, I noticed on fast travelling scenes (sport game mostly), some "mice teeth" / "combing" effects, which make me wonder whether your decoder deinterlace, if yes with what algorythm, and whether the deinterlacing setting can be changed or let up to the graphic card.</div>

<div>Can you tell me how I could do that ?</div>

<div>In the same area, how do I get access to the overall settings of the decoder (deinterlacing, but also output formats, color, brightness...) ? DVB Viewer points to filter properties which are only the version number.</div>

<div>Thanks in advance.</div>

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 5:26:26 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Our decoder does not have a property page to control any settings. It will only take compressed video and de-compress it.

If the original video was interlaced, it will still be interlaced after our decoder decodes it. You might be able to make use of a de-interlace processing filter if your application supports it. We do have such a filter (LEAD Video Deinterlace Filter). Also, this filter can only be used from within a DirectShow multimedia application that has the ability of inserting and using video processing filters.
If you need more information about this filter, please contact sales@leadtools.com.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 5:40:26 AM(UTC)
Benjamin D

Thanks for the answer !

The next items after the decoder would be in my case the renderer (VMR7, 9...), that can be set in DVB Viewer, and the graphic card which can be configured as well.

I understand from your email that the ouput video from the lead h264 codec is flagged as interlaced, so that would mean that either the renderer or the graphic card can spot this and do the de-interlacing, right ?

#4 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 5:12:14 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

In Microsoft DirectShow, there is an internal data structure named VIDEOINFOHEADER2, which is used to define the video media type. This structure (and not the older version VIDEOINFOHEADER) can be used to define the interlacing status of the video stream. I have not tested this, but I assume our codecs will pass this type of information if it is given at their input pin to their output pin.

In other words, if the data being fed to the decoder contains Video Info Header v2 and it contains interlacing flags, these flags should be passed to the output of the decoder.
If you have a case where such data is indeed given to our decoder but not passed to its output, please send me the details or a way to reproduce it here and I will investigate it further.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#5 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 11:30:48 AM(UTC)
Benjamin D

Thanks for the answer

I have not seen a case such as the one you described... actually spotting this would go way beyond my software skills :D

Thx