Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 5:55:19 AM(UTC)

tim  
tim

Groups: Registered

I need to read in a multi-page tif image, use AutoPreProcess to orient each page correctly (for use with OCR software later), and then save it back to its original location. No need to view image at all at this point. Does anyone have an example, (either VB or C#) that will help get me started.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 6:41:22 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

IOcrPage.AutoPreprocess is designed to simplify the preprocessing code before you do OCR.  If you don't plan on doing any OCR, then you can get the image back using the IOcrPage.GetRasterImage function and then use RasterCodecs.Save to save the image back out to disk.

The .NET help file has an example of how to each of these functions. 

#3 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 6:11:28 AM(UTC)

tim  
tim

Groups: Registered

I don't just need to get the image and write it back to disk, which would be what I could do with the 2 functions you suggested. When I write it back to disk, it needs to be oriented correctly. I need to take a whole batch of multi-page tiff images, already on disk, AUTOORIENT them based on the direction of the print on each page, and then write them back to disk. All without any user interaction. IOcrPage.AutoPreprocess not what I need for this?

#4 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 9:39:50 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

AutoPreprocess will do what you need.  But it only does it on the images loaded into the IOcrPage object.  Therefore, to save it to disk, you need to use the IOcrPage.GetRasterImage and RasterCodecs.Save methods.