Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2008 2:07:50 AM(UTC)
Mario Cruz

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I'm testing your MEPG2 UDP Module in c# vs2005. (I attached test project).

I have receive several UDP streamings and put overlay in these videos and send them again.

With your help, I've been working with AxltmmConvertCtrls and it works correctly with udp sourcefile and udp targetfile. but when I try to add Overlay filter to AxltmmConvertCtrl (like multimedia kit examples), ConvertCtrl doesn't send anything.

First, I used like project references LMVVOvLy2.dll and LMVIOvLy2.dll that are included in \LEAD Technologies\LEADTOOLS Multimedia EVAL 16\Redist\MM\Unlicensed folder in Multimedia Kit setup, (I used these references) to create the overlay interface.

If I comment the sentences about add video overlay filter to selectedVideoProcessors of convertctrl and the association between the overlay interface created and AxltmmConvertCtrl.GetSubObject, works correctly, (Obviously, without overlay image ;-)

Another strange behaviour is with PreviewView of AxltmmConvertCtrl, if the source is a local video file works, but if it's UDP stream source doesn't work. I've checked this behaviour in examples projects and it happens too.

One more time thank you for you help,
                                                              Mario

File Attachment(s):
LeadToolsTest.zip (432kb) downloaded 45 time(s).

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2008 4:41:03 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Mario,

How exactly did you test this issue?
Could you give me detailed steps about how to reproduce the problem?
Did you test this issue only by using the project that you sent?
Did you use any other applications to test this issue?

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:06:24 PM(UTC)
Mario Cruz

Maen,

First, I used my app and one of your apps that it is in "mutlimedia sdk V16 capabilities" thread, (link).

I comment you,

I prepared a tests setting (core 2 duo and 3gb ram machine with XP and net.framework 3.0)  with  a vlc server in one side sending UDP Stream mpeg2-ts to one local port (22222), in the other side another vlc viewer was waiting in another local port (44444).

Between the vlcs proccesses, I ran my app that receives in local port
(22222) where vlc server sends udp stream and my app sends the new stream by local port (44444) where vlc viewer is waiting.

My first question is check dlls reference, I don't know if I use the correct version for overlay filter!.

If  I debug the c# vs2005 project, I can see that problem is when it's trying to
add video overlay filter to selectedVideoProcessors of convertctrl sentence.
  Next sentence is the assignation in local overlay interface of convertctrl subobject, but this method getSubObject doesn't return the correct object (overlay interface) and returns a "System._____COMObject" (it means error).

If I don't try to add overlay filter, it works fine.  (my re-streamer app receives and sends streams without problems).

In the other hand, i've checked in the two projects (your one and my one) that if you use in sourcefile of convertCtrl one UDP Stream, previewView doesn't work, but if you use a local video file works fine.

I think if you run my app, you can see and understand that i try to explain you. Could do you check them??

I'm very interesting to buy MPEG2 Transport Module, but  i have to be totally sure that it can resolve my requerimients.

I read in http://www.leadtools.com...eg2-transport-stream.htm that in that module there is a restreamer demo, and I don't find it. where is?

Thanks,
            Mario

#4 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 6:11:40 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Mario,

About the LEAD video Overlay filter issue, I checked this issue on my side using your project and noticed the problem. I reported this issue to our engineers under incident number 7465AMN, so that they can investigate more about this issue. I will update you with the status of this issue when I receive new information from our engineers.

About the preview issue, I will investigate more about this issue and let you know.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan

#5 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 6:09:07 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Mario,

About the preview issue, if you try to use a video compressor (try to set the VideoCompressors to "LEAD MCMP/MJPEG Codec (2.0)"), do you face the same problem?

Thanks,
Maen Badwan

#6 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 1:03:19 AM(UTC)
Mario Cruz

Maen,

forgive me for don't reply you before...

I try to use anothers videocompresors like
LEAD MCMP/MJPEG Codec (2.0), but i have same problem, i don't have preview if source of ConvertCtrl is a UDP stream.
Could you check this issue with the project that i attached??  (If you comment the code about overlay, the project runs well, but without preview..;-)

Thanks,
          Mario

#7 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 2:09:29 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

About incident number 7465AMN, our engineers marked this incident as Not a Bug. Your demo code does not recompress the source video.
When you insert the overlay filter, it forces the toolkit to decompress the video in order to work with it. This video must then be recompessed before being sent to the MPEG2 transport multiplexer, or the connection will fail. You need to select a MPEG2 video compressor, in order for this to work.
Also, this might be related to the preview issue.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan

#8 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 8:33:12 PM(UTC)
Mario Cruz

Maen,

I'v checked with MPEG2 recompression and it works fine. (PreviewView and Overlay filter). but my requerimients are that i cann't recompress source video.

Is there another solution?

One more time, thank you and regards,
                                        Mario

#9 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 9:13:11 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Mario,

According to our engineers, you have to recompress the source video using the MPEG2 video compressor. There is no way to do this without recompressing the source video.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan