Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2008 1:12:56 AM(UTC)
Mario Cruz

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I would like to know if  Mpeg-2 Transport module is be able to send/receive differents video formats( mpeg2-ts, mpeg4, mpeg1, etc.)

And if it's no possible and it only can send/receive mpeg2-ts, which LeadTools solution do i need if i have to send/receive mp4g UDP stream?

Thanks,
            Mario Cruz.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2008 5:06:47 AM(UTC)

Yasir Alani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

You should be able to use the LEAD MPEG-2 Transport Module to send and receive videos compressed as MPEG-2, MPEG-4, or H.264.

For more details, please see this page:
http://www.leadtools.com/SDK/Multimedia/mpeg2-transport-stream.htm

#3 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2008 8:09:53 PM(UTC)
Mario Cruz

Yasir,

I tried UDP streams with differents kinds of video (mpeg2-ts, mepg4es, mpeg1, etc.) and with ltmmconvertCtrl and ltmmplayCrtrl controls,  it only works with mpeg2-ts.

It's sure that I have to configure these controls corerctly to receive mpeg4 videos, but i don't know how.

Is there any example project in dotnet about that?

Thanks again,
                         Mario

#4 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 4:58:36 AM(UTC)

Yasir Alani  

There is a C++ demo shipped with the toolkit that supports streaming MPEG files as UDP. The demo is installed in <LEADTOOLS 16 folder>\Examples\Ltmm\cpp\Restreamer
The demo accepts the following format files:
SourceFormat_MPEG2_PROGRAM
SourceFormat_MPEG1System
SourceFormat_MPEG2_TRANSPORT

I'm afraid there's no equivalent .NET demo, but the code used in the C++ demo will be similar in many ways to corresponding code in C# or VB.NET, because the COM interfaces used with both languages are very similar.

#5 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 2:00:01 AM(UTC)
Mario Cruz

Yasir,

I've checked Restreamer project that you said and it works with ltmmMediaInfo interface to see video file info (SourceFormat_MPEG2_PROGRAM,SourceFormat_MPEG1System,SourceFormat_MPEG2_TRANSPORT) that you said.

The problem is that ltmmMediaInfo interface only works when you assign, in its property "sourcefile", video files, but if you try to assign UDP stream like "sourcefile" doesn't work, it returns an exception about "unknown file" or something similar, so i can't use it for my project.

Anyway, although it works with UPD streams, with this ltmmMediaInfo interface i have information about video file or UPD stream, but i couldn't configure ltmmconvertCtrl source with this interface, i only have video information...

On the other hand, I try to configure ltmmconvertCtrl TargetFormat, but it uses an enum "ltmmConvert_TargetFormat" with several kind of video types and i don't know which one is for MPEG4-SP ES ( i understand that this configuration is only for TargetFile, but how i have to configure "sourceFormat")

I've been reading about ltmmconvertCtrl properties and methods in help files and I don't find any property or method where you put the kind of source type for UDP Streams.

I test differents kind of video streams, and all of them, except MPEG2-ts, ltmmconvertCtrl returns an exception about "operation fails because filter has bad status" or something like that, ErrorCode is (-21472209532).

I need to know if it's possible to resolve my requeriments with Multimedia kit or/and UDP transport Module , (my clients are waiting and i have to respond them in the next days).

I repeat my requerimients again:

In Input area, 4 to 16 Unicast (MPEG4-SP Simple Profile, elementary Stream) UDP Streams, we have add overlay image, text and timestamp and in output area: send 4 to 16 "new videos" (MPEG4-SP Simple Profile, elementary Stream) with overlay by UDP Multicast stream and save to disk each one before send them.

Thanks in advance,
               Mario Cruz.

#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 5:56:32 AM(UTC)

Yasir Alani  

Mario,

I want to do some tests on my side, but I need some sample files to test with.

Can you send me small source sample videos saved in MPEG files? Please pack the files in a ZIP or RAR file and post them here. If you don't want to post here, you can send them to support@leadtools.com and mention this forum post in the email.