Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2004 11:50:21 AM(UTC)

pdraigh  
pdraigh

Groups: Registered

I'm using LEAD tools 14.1 for dotnet with Visual Studio 2003 on Windows XP sp1.  I'm creating a VB.net app that uses TWAIN to capture a photo from a camera.  I've tried two different cameras using two different TWAIN drivers.  The application works fine, but after the photo is captured, the form that calls the photo capture has bits and pieces of labels strewn about the form.  It's really ugly.  I've called the invalidate method on the controls that are affected - nothing.  I've tried to hide the form when I call the capture and then show it; still does it.  Everything I can think of.  I thought it might be the camera driver, but two different cameras do the same thing.  The form has two different panels on it.  It also has a label control (current time) that is updated every second using a Timer control.  Anybody seen this and know of a solution?

Thanks,
Pete

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2005 5:27:17 AM(UTC)

Bashar  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

This happens when using GDI to paint over a GDI+ graphics object.  When calling Graphics.GetHdc, the clipping regions are not obtained correctly.

For a
workaround, use the GdiPlus paint engine (so all your painting is done with
GDI+) and it should work fine.  Add this code anywhere before you load an image to the viewer:

RasterPaintProperties props = rasterImageViewer1.PaintProperties;
         props.PaintEngine = RasterPaintEngine.GdiPlus;
         rasterImageViewer1.PaintProperties = props;

Bashar Abdulqaiyume
LEAD Technologies, Inc.