Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:18:44 PM(UTC)
gthimmes

Groups: Registered

I've installed the SDK and I'm working with the C# 64bit ORC Demo. It works for me just fine until I get any kind of error, then the next time I run the demo I get the following error:

The OCR Engine is missing.
Please download and install the OCR engine from the following address: .....

So I click the link. When the installer runs it shows I already have it installed and I select to repair. Then everything works fine again until I get another debugger error. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm developing on 64 bit Vista. VS2005.

Thanks,

Glenn

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2008 9:54:15 AM(UTC)

jigar  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

It could be that the registry is being corrupted.  Check the "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Lead Technologies\LEADTOOLS OCR Runtime" key.  If the key doesn't exist, or there are no values in it, then it's getting corrupted.  A simple solution is to set the RasterDocumentEngine.EnginePath to the path to the OCR folder.  On your development machine it will be in C:\Program Files\Lead Technologies\LEADTOOLS 15\Bin\Common.  I would definitely check for the registry entry and see if it's getting corrupted first.

#3 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2008 11:17:55 AM(UTC)
gthimmes

Groups: Registered

The resolution I have found for this issue is to simply work as a 32 bit application instead of 64 bit. Since changing this project setting, I have no problem.

Thanks for help,

Glenn