Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:12:10 AM(UTC)

jraggio  
jraggio

Groups: Registered

We are using leadtools 14.5.16 and Visual Studio 2005 with .Net Framework 2 for develop.
and are having problems trying to fix the quality of some tif images, as you can see in the attached TIF this image has a very legible are and another that is pretty bad I need some advice to see how can I made this kind of documents more readable
Please please we need this very fast we have clients waiting to see the results.
George
File Attachment(s):
0000000002.tif (380kb) downloaded 23 time(s).

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2008 11:41:56 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

I've attached an image after doing this to it:

1. InvertCommand
2. GrayScaleCommand to convert the image to 8bpp
3. GaussianCommand using a radius of 1
4. IntensityDetectCommand with low of 200 and high of 255
5. ColorResolutionCommand to convert image back to 1bpp
6. InvertCommand

The main factors here are the GaussianCommand which blurs the edges so that intensity detect will have something to work with.  There are other blurring images like AntiAliasingCommand, RadialBlurCommand but Gaussian is the simplest and why I chose it.  You can increase the blurring by increasing the radius.  Second is the IntensityDetectCommand which will make the image black and white, any intensities between the low and high  and above the high black, anything below the low white.  I'd play with these two functions to get the results that you want.
File Attachment(s):
0000000002_after.tif (104kb) downloaded 22 time(s).