Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2008 8:10:48 AM(UTC)

Ernesto  
Ernesto

Groups: Registered

When receiving a response with error status, e.g. in OnReceiveCStoreResponse, I would like to read the Dicom Attributes "Offending Element" (0x00000901) and "Error Comment"  (0x00000902), but from the LeadTools API Help files I can't figure out how. Can you tell me how to do that ?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2008 10:05:43 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

You should be able to get any element within a DataSet by using the L_DicomFindFirstElement function.  Then you would need to use a function like DicomGetStringValue (depending on the VR of the particular element) to get the actual data.

The Dicom API help file's should have an example for nearly every function in the SDK.

#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2008 9:54:38 PM(UTC)

Ernesto  
Ernesto

Groups: Registered

Hi Greg,

naively I thought that too, but the Dicom attributes "Offending Element" (0x00000901) and "Error Comment"  (0x00000902) belong to the attribute group 0x0000, so I guess they are part of the command message and not the data set. Most of the response types have not data set, and therefore the higher level functions such as OnReceiveCStoreResponse have no variable pointing to any data set.
The command message and the data set can be accessed from the low level function OnReceiveData, but I'd rather use the higher level fucntions.
Is there a way to access the command message from the higher level fucntions such as OnReceiveCStoreResponse ?
What is the LDicomNet class doing if I would use a mix of low level and high level functions such as OnReceiveData, OnReceiveCFindResponse and OnReceiveCStoreResponse ? Is only  OnReceiveData called, or  first OnReceiveData and then OnReceiveCFindResponse or vice versa ?

Best regards,Ernesto

#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2008 4:02:20 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

These are just event handlers, so you have the option of handling them or not.  When the SCU sends a CStore request, the SCP's OnReceiveData will fire first, then the OnReceiveCStoreRequest.  The same order would apply to other requests like CFind, etc.

OnReceiveData is the only way you can get the command dataset, this is the way the Dicom specifications are set up.  If you want to be able to use it later on in your other handlers like OnReceiveCStoreRequest/Response, then you will need to use the OnReceiveData handler to set a global dataset object.