Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2008 5:25:37 AM(UTC)
Venkateshp77

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I am using the scanner Panasonic kv-ss855d. My application calls this method in scanning module.

Please suggest me what to do. i tried using the twacker and it seems to be working fine with the twacker. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Venkat

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2008 8:53:17 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Fast twain is different from regular Twain because we've added some extra code handling after the standard communication with the driver, so this is likely why Twacker is working fine.

Fast twain can save files do disk using LEADTOOLS dlls, and Feature Not Supported is a standard error for trying to save a file when you either haven't called RasterCodecs.Startup, or you don't have the necessary codecs dlls (Leadtools.Codecs.Tif.dll, Leadtools.Codecs.Fax.dll, etc.) in your application.

Try adding references to or copying the codecs dlls into the application directory.

To see exactly which dlls are needed for loading/saving a particular file format, read the help file article "Files to be Included With Your Application".

#3 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2008 9:31:49 AM(UTC)
Venkateshp77

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the prompt reply, my application uses the above mentioned dll as references.
I also want to let you know that my application works fine with the Fujitsu fi-5120 c scanner.
Can you suggest me a way to use acquire instead of acquirefast and saving the image to file in tif format.

Thanks,
venkat

#4 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2008 5:00:26 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

You will need to call Acquire, then handle the AcquirePage event.  Inside your Acquirepage event you can use the RasterCodecs class to save the image from the TwainAcquirePageEventArgs class which is passed in the event.  For an example, please see the v15 .NET help file's article for the TwainSession.Acquire method.