Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 5:44:50 AM(UTC)

marucho  
marucho

Groups: Registered

Hello: I have the evaluation copy of Leadtools 15 installed in my machine, and when launch the application project in 'C:\Archivos de programa\LEAD Technologies\LEADTOOLS EVAL 15\Examples\DotNet\VB\OcrHnrTextDemo' the execution is succesfull.

My problem occurs when i try to execute a copy of the same application found in 'C:\Documents and Settings\mpescarmona\Mis documentos\Demo\Para probar\LEADTOOLS 15\OcrHnrTextDemo'. the error is 'invalid file format' when de form 'MainForm' startup and try to load the default image.

Same problem occurs when i load a image using the File -> Open Menu, and the LeadTools OpenDialog dont show the image preview.

I try to copy all the files from 'C:\Archivos de programa\LEAD Technologies\LEADTOOLS EVAL 15\Bin\Dotnet\Win32' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\mpescarmona\Mis documentos\Demo\Para probar\LEADTOOLS 15\Bin\DotNet\Win32' and re reference the LeadTools references to the new path, but the problem persist.

Same problem occurs when i attemp to use leadtools on my own new project. I was add the same references than OcrHnrTextDemo, but not work properly.

I'm using Visual Basic .Net form Visual studio 2005.

This is a limitation of evaluation copy of leadtools 15?

How can I to do this without errors?

I need help to work this sample properly.

I send a .zip file with the project that i have been copyed to other folder.

Thank You.
File Attachment(s):
OcrHnrTextDemo.zip (237kb) downloaded 25 time(s).

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 10:47:04 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

I did not get the error you are describing when I copied all of the dlls from the Bin\Dotnet\win32 directory to your projects Bin directory.  I was able to open files with the dialog.

In the v15 .NET libraries, Invalid File Format means one of three things:

The file is actually invalid or there's a problem with the codec.  If you can load the same file in one of our pre-compiled demos that ship with the toolkit, then this is not the case.

You did not call RasterCodecs.StartUp

You are not including as a reference or copying to your .exe's directory the necessary codecs dll for the file format.  These dlls follow the naming convention of Leadtools.Codecs.???.dll (e.g. Leadtools.Codecs.Tif.dll).  To learn which dlls are necessary for a particular file format, please read the help file article "Files to be Included With Your Application" and find the row for the file format in question.

If you have any more questions or problems, please let me know.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 9:19:38 AM(UTC)

marucho  
marucho

Groups: Registered

Thanks for your help. I copy all the .dll files from the Bin\Dotnet\win32 directory to my Bin directory and the application run good.
Now need to know hot can i do to recognize images with background on black an text written on blue. I send you a sample of this images. The languaje is spanish.

I need your help to recognize this type of images.

File Attachment(s):
sample_images.zip (145kb) downloaded 24 time(s).

#4 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:06:10 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

You should try to make the images black and white since the OCR engine works best with that kind of input.

You can use region processing and the FillCommand to do this easily:

Select a region based on a color or color range with AddColorToRegion, AddColorRgbRangeToRegion, or AddColorHsvRangeToRegion.

Fill that region with the color you desire.

In the case of your images, you'll want to select black, fill it with white, then select blue, a blueish range, or or just select the inverse of white to select everything that's NOT white and then fill with black.