Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 5:14:17 AM(UTC)

joachim  
joachim

Groups: Registered

I tried everything but no way. L_IsSupportLocked returns false. So I can use the feature. But L_DocStartUp allways returns -1218!!! The runtimes are installed (OCR & MS). Path is in the Registry.

So where is the mistake?

jvc

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 11:45:29 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

-1218 means OCR engine initialization error, or there is no appropriate license, so it's not a matter of unlocking.  This is usually a problem with missing files.

Is this a deployment machine or your development machine?

What is the file version of xocr.dll and ltkrn15n.dll that you're using?

#3 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 12:21:02 PM(UTC)

joachim  
joachim

It is the development machine.

xocr.dll - 12.7.2006.1041
ltkrn15u.dll - 15.0.1.0

I tested the application on a native machine - no problem. So my development machine is the problem.

jvc

#4 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 12:27:52 PM(UTC)

joachim  
joachim

Good hint - with the version...

I installed the OCR engine runtime into the Leadtools folder. Also I checked the registry for the ocrpath.

No way. I always received -1218...

I do not know why but I checked my system32 folder and I found an older version of xocr.dll (maybe from 14.5). So I copied the V15 ocr folder into system32 folder and everything worked....

So the L_DocStartUp seems to look first into system32 folder and then check the registry for the ocrpath...

jvc

PS: thx for help...

#5 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2008 4:14:49 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Any windows application will check the EXE directory, then the system PATH when searching for dlls.  That's just how Windows is built and we can't work around that.  That's why in v15 we updated the installer to go in the Bin/Common directory or in it's own LEADTOOLS OCR Runtime 15 directory in Program Files/LEAD Technologies. 

v14.5 and v15 now use the same OCR engine, so if you want to clean up your development machine I'd suggest uninstalling both 14.5 and 15 and getting the latest installers for both.  Then the OCR engine should get installed in a way that both will use it from the same directory and the system32 shouldn't have the OCR files anymore.

#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 4, 2008 5:03:30 AM(UTC)

joachim  
joachim

thx. That's what I thought.

Another question about L_DocStartUp. Why is it not possible to start the engine twice - e.g.:

L_INT nRet1;
L_INT nRet2;
L_HDOC hDoc1;
L_HDOC hDoc2;

nRet1 = L_DocStartUp(hDoc1, NULL);
nRet2 = L_DocStartUp(hDoc2, NULL);

nRet1 is always returns 1 and nRet2 is always returns -1218.

Why?

jvc

#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2008 4:06:02 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

The OCR engine is not thread safe.  The only way you can have two instances of the OCR engine running at the same time is if they are on different processes.

Were you trying to run them at the same time or just have two OCR engines with certain settings to do different kinds of recognition?  If the latter, you can use L_DocSaveSettings and L_DocLoadSettings